Senior IT Business Manager
Salary: Excellent package
Our client is an international business leading in innovation and high‐tech engineering consulting in Asia, Europe and the Americas. The business employs over 20,000 people. Our client works with its customers in the creation and development of their new products and services.
Our client has led in its technology solutions sector for decades. It supports customers in many sectors working in partnership at every stage of project development from strategic planning through to manufacturing. Our client provides expertise in five key areas: Intelligent Systems, Product Development, Life cycle Experience, Mechanical Engineering and Information Systems.
The IT strategy is based on the development and optimization of business processes coupled with a globalization at group level of IT services.
The Group IT strategy defines global solutions and determines guidelines and priorities for the solutions deployed within the group. An application service center located in southern Europe provides group applications development and maintenance services and roll outs are managed at country level.
Applications and services used by all countries are managed at the group level and hosted in the Group data centre. The Group network connects all countries to the Group data centre.
Besides, business relationships, local applications, countries infrastructure and IT used to support the delivery of service to customers locally are managed and operated locally but under group responsibility. With this model, there is close collaboration and integration between the regional IT operations and the Group function to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure services and projects. Local IT groups are an important part of defining and contributing to the strategic Group IT plans.
In this context, our client requires a position of “Senior IT Business Manager” in all of their operational regions.
This appointment will be the guardian of the IT services provided in the region. He/She plays a critical role in safe guarding Company related information and delivering the right services expected by the business locally. The role will lead a team of IT staff supporting the over 3,000 users in the UK and Northern Europe supported by our client’s central IT functions.
Management and Business relationship:
- Will report directly to Group IT Director. Acts according the Group IT governance rules Ensures Business and Customer relationship and follows customer satisfaction ensures the coordination with the global IT teams (groups and countries) to deliver services to the end users
- Collects business requirements and needs, analyses and prioritizes them
- Manages IT local budget and define business case with the internal stakeholders Enforces group policies Coordinates local projects and local deployments of group programs Ensures coordination of local teams’ activities Manages supplier relationship and in case of large outsourcing contract assures the role of contract manager Participates to vendor negotiation together with purchasing
- Coordinates and executes the local implementation of Group IT roadmaps Helpdesk and local support management Contributes locally for helping global asset management
Platforms and network:
- Manage IT infrastructure Coordinates locally with group assistance Post Merger process Coordinates and executes the local implementation of Group IT roadmaps
- Manage local business applications Coordinates and executes the local implementation of Group IT roadmaps Support group applications and services rollouts
- Manage local cybersecurity
- Performs periodic risk assessment of all service providers in coordination with group
Key Performance Indicators:
- Business and Customer satisfaction level Budget realization Capacity to enforce Group IT strategy Deliverable Quality
- Meeting the SLAs
- Delivery of the right value at fair cost Achievement of Annual objectives
- Business acumen Teamwork and team management User care International experience
- English language essential, other language skills particularly French is advantageous
- Superior communication skills Negotiations, suppliers and sub-contractors management Generic knowledge about IT architecture, system and network Experience in Microsoft environments is advantageous
- Extensive experience in IT domain. At least 5 year experience in IT management in a service company
Our client is a market leading, successful and well respected international business. It continues to undergo an exciting period of opportunity and growth.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. There are significant opportunities for our client to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace internationally.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. As part of the senior management team, the successful appointee will be expected to take full responsibility, with the support of colleagues, for delivering the highest quality IT services and solutions ensuring business success in the region.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Job Ref No: ITBM-DP