Head of Purchasing - South West
Salary: Circa £80k base salary + bonus + benefits - with flexibility
Our client is a leading and highly respected food manufacturing/distribution company that has a UK HQ in the West Country. With UK revenue in excess of £140m per annum and being very profitable the company continues to grow and trade in a successful manner.
There exists an important recruitment requirement to hire an experienced 'food sector' Buyer into the company as a Head of Purchasing. This individual will head up and run a team of talented Buyers, that are involved with a variety of categories covering proteins, dairy and vegetables etc.
To be suitable for this role people must have the following experience:
- Proven Food Manufacturing Sector experience in buying/purchasing
- Experience of running buying/purchasing teams
- Be highly numerical/strong on the commercials
- Have a successful track record of running significant budgets across multiple lines
- Strong knowledge of supplier processes, procedures and how to ensure all relationships are well organised, professional and run smoothly
There is plenty of international and national travel involved with this role which can at times be very interesting and intellectually challenging. The role also provides someone with the chance to possibly progress into a Group role over time or potentially into senior management within this international company. In addition, because of the multiple lines this is a really interesting job for a Buyer within a highly established and proven business with longevity.
If this role is of interest and you have suitable purchasing experience please email over your CV to us. We will respond promptly if there is a match between your expertise and the client's key objective requirements.
This job has now been successfully concluded.