Sales Manager/Divisional Director
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent bonus and package
Our client is a very well established and successful, privately owned, electrical and mechanical contracting Group. They provide planned preventative maintenance of mechanical and electrical building services, throughout the UK and Ireland.
This new and exciting key appointment will be within the Group’s heating, ventilation and air-conditioning installations solutions business. This business has an excellent and growing client base within the industrial, commercial and retail sectors.
This appointment will take a lead role is new sales generation as well as playing an increasing commercial, management and leadership role working with and supporting the Managing Director.
It is anticipated that in time that the new Sales Manager will become the Divisional Director and lead this business with full P&L responsibility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The identification, engagement with and conversion of new clients.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the business In conjunction with Customer Services, ensure existing customer needs are being met.
- Monitor developments in the target marketplaces, identifying any opportunities with existing or new customers.
- Produce supply proposals and/or price quotations to meet existing or new customer needs.
- Monitor sales by customer, to ensure annual sales plan and forecasts are being met.
- Deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers
- Monthly Sales Report: Produce periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed customer base expansion
- Market information: Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing plans for assigned accounts to achieve sales goals and contribute to the strategic planning
- Customer information: In conjunction with Customer Services, to improve service levels to customers.
- Annual sales budget/forecast: Conduct sales forecasting activities based upon current level of activity, projected activity and previously unidentified
- Long term contracts: Meet with key clients, develop and maintain relationships and negotiate and close out Tradeshows and conferences: Represent the company at tradeshows and conferences as requested
Knowledge & skills
Candidates will have the following skills and experience
- Proven sales experience in the Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Services marketplaces
- A balance of proven new business sales and key account management skills
- The ability and potential to take further leadership roles in the future Consultative and forward thinking in approach, long term contract negotiation experience.
- Previous experience in management is advantageous
- On an upward curve in their career – ambitious and career driven Ability to be hands-on and to work effectively as part of a dynamic business
- Team player
- Career driven
- Gravitas and professionalism at all levels.
Our client is a dynamic, successful and well respected business. The company benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being a well established, growing business.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as they continue to build on their success. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to prosper in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as well as client, commercial and financial management responsibilities. The successful appointee will be expected to take a lead role, with the support of the Senior Managers, for the success and development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and well respected business.
There are excellent career progression opportunities. It is expected that the successful candidate will in time take over leadership for this business and become Divisional Director.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in the organisation and role, stating how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Dale Perrett via email.
This job has now been successfully concluded.