Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 with flexibility
Jospice is one of the oldest hospices in the country, providing care and support to terminally ill people and their families from within the Liverpool and Sefton areas. Founded by Father Francis O'Leary, St Joseph's Hospice (Jospice) began in South America and Pakistan in the 1960's.
Jospice believes that the most vulnerable people (those in the last days, weeks or months of their lives) should have the highest quality of care in an out of a hospital situation. They also offer longer-term care for some patients with complex needs. With the ability to care for 29 people at one time, the skilled nursing staff help create a home from home environment for the patient when they can no longer be cared for at home. Jospice also prides itself on the support it gives to the families at this difficult time.
Jospice’s care is nurse-led and their nurses and care assistants develop specialised skills through training and experience. They provide the wider support essential in offering end-of-life care. Most patients transfer to the care of local G.Ps. who have a special interest in palliative care.
With the planned retirement of the current Chief Executive, Jospice is looking to appoint a strong leader to capitalise on their excellent work and reputation and set the strategic plan for the next stage of development. The organisation has strengthened the senior management team and continued to provide quality care in an increasingly challenging commissioning environment.
As an ideal candidate, you will be accountable to the Trustees for the leadership, management, reputation and public profile of the organisation and for advising on its current state, development, growth and long-term future. Central to the role will be the ability to galvanise and lead a dedicated group of individuals by setting clear plans, building strong relationships, rigorous processes and professional standards while continuing the current exceptional care and ethos.
The new appointment will:
Lead Organisational Change
- Maximise the value of the skills and experience by setting the platform for diversification
- Create a professional and well organised management structure
- Ensure consistent and efficient lines of communication are in place to allow development of management and staff
Set the Strategic Plan
- Maintain the quality and definition of current service provision yet broaden the opportunities for income generation
- Work collaboratively with Trustees and management to define the plan
Deliver the Plan
- Work closely with Trustees and management to ensure quality of service is monitored and improved where necessary
- Create the environment for continuous development – staff and services
- Put in place rigorous processes to measure and track performance
As a credible and values driven leader you will have:
- A track record in successfully leading people in the delivery of clinical commissioned care services
- A strong understanding of the clinical commissioning landscape
- The gravitas to inspire, involve and engage with others in decision making and leading positive change
- The ability to develop a long term strategy and budgetary plans
The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to continue the successful development of a highly regarded organisation and take them to the next stage.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in the organisation and role and stating how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Jon Hollier via email.
This job has now been successfully concluded.