General Manager Specialist Building Contractor
Salary: Excellent package
Director/General Manager of a £10m turnover specialist building contractor. Part of a £175m diversified Group of companiesFull description:
Our client is a successful division or a diversified £175m turnover Group of companies. The business specialises in the design, fabrication and erection of steel framed buildings for a range of commercial and industrial markets. The business also refurbishes existing structures and cladding systems and undertakes change of use projects and improvement works. The business has a turnover of circa £10m and is split into two divisions
- A design and build division
- A repairs, maintenance and improvements division
Reporting to the Group CEO, this is a key appointment and will, through strong values driven leadership, manage performance and profitability in the business, ensuring alignment to Group strategy.
- To actively source new work
- To win work by appropriate bid strategies
- To deliver projects and achieve high quality delivery
- To ensure accurate forecasting and delivery of financial outcomes
- To manage and continually develop the client base
Candidates will have experience of working in a similar General Management role with full P&L responsibility for a specialist contractor or possibly a main contractor
Skills and Experience
- Ability to monitor progress and programmes throughout the contracts and report accordingly
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Experience in management of staff, labour and sub-contractors
- Experience in bid preparation and estimating
- Knowledge of the procurement of suppliers
- Full clean UK driving licence and willing to travel
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
- Confidence when working autonomously
Our client is a well established, successful and respected company. The company benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being part of a diversified Group.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. The successful candidate will lead the senior management team, interacting with other Directors within the business. He/she will formulate and develop the ongoing strategy for this successful part of the organisation and ensuring overall business success. There are significant opportunities for the business and Group to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This strategic management appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and P&L responsibility. The successful appointee will be expected to take full responsibility, with the support of the senior management team, for the operational success and development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Job Ref No: GM BC