Salary: Executive six figure package
Our client is a well-respected and successful medical device manufacturer and is part of a larger and diverse plc.
Our client provides advanced medical equipment and technology, and is proud of its position at the forefront of operating room and critical care area design.
The business employs around 100 skilled staff and has its own UK manufacturing facility supplying operating room and critical care equipment, both in the UK and overseas.
The Head of Sales - Medical Devices is a key and exciting opportunity. With responsibility for the UK, with some international sales, the role will be responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s sales strategy, identifying and prioritising new business opportunities and channels and developing existing customers.
This role will play a fundamental part in developing future sales growth and providing vision, direction and leadership for the sales team and channel partners.
- Commercial responsibility for the UK Sales division of 7, ensuring that Turnover, GP and EBIT targets are met in accordance with approved budgets
- Provide strategic direction and development of the sales activities
- Understand market challenges in the UK and, longer term, internationally and apply strategic thinking to generate new business opportunities with both new and existing customers
- Develop the sales strategy, tactics, sales plans and targets in line with the business objectives
- Deliver sales by managing and developing relationships with partners including distributors and end-line customers
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of Territory managers, and clinical trainer Conduct regular field visits to manage and support colleagues in key accounts as well as assess and review the performance of the Sales & and Territory Managers
- Conduct annual appraisals of direct reports
- Identify new potential partnering opportunities
- Identify and report on new potential routes to market within new areas Identify, target and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Achieve targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth
- Provide direction and motivation to the UK sales teams
- Forecast accurately to help ensure timely delivery of results
- Lead the implementation of the sales strategy to all field based sales teams, set policies, processes and metrics to provide a consistent approach across the business
- Liaise with production and manufacturing as necessary for all products
- Liaise with all parts of the Group and build strong working relationships to ensure that customers remain a priority
- Attend strategy, P&L, management meetings as necessary
Graduate equivalent; ideally in a technical/electronics/software engineering discipline. A relevant business qualification will be helpful.
- Must have sales management experience within medical devices/equipment businesses
- Experience of 'selling' consultatively, across areas
- Experience coaching, mentoring and leading high-performance sales teams
- Experience of developing new markets/introducing products and ideas into new areas
- An understanding of ‘patient choice’
- A proven track record of adaptability in multi-cultural environments
Our client is a successful and well-respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation. The business has great potential for further growth. The Company is part of a dynamic, well established plc, and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth nationally and internationally. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the commercial and sales functions in the business with the support of the senior management team. He/she will be responsible for the commercial and sales performance of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.