Salary: Executive package
Our client is a well-established plc and market leading healthcare and pharmaceutical business. It operates internationally out of its headquarters in York. The business is enjoying considerable growth and opportunities for expansion. This is an exciting new opportunity to appoint a new Head of Marketing to join the Senior Management Team.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Head of Marketing will bring strong and dynamic leadership to the marketing team. This senior level appointment will play a key part in strategically developing the marketing plan and then leading the team to successfully deliver it.
The appointment will oversee the use of resources to deliver marketing support to the business in accordance with agreed business plans. Develop and manage a coordinated framework to deliver marketing and business development plans in accordance with the overall agreed strategic plans for the business. Then manage the implementation of the agreed marketing and business development plans.
- Develop and implement a time bound framework for the activities of the Marketing Department including:
- Development and approval of marketing plans for all major product groups
- Anual marketing activities plans in support of sales and business objectives
- Annual budgeting and strategic plan inputs
- Marketing input at sales meetings and exhibitions
- Supervise agreed marketing budgets
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys
- Ensure proper coordination of all external marketing agency activities
New Product Activity:
- Supervise the development and presentation of new product marketing proposals for all new products
- Supervise the development and implementation of new product marketing launch plans
- Directly manage and control all marketing activities relating to an agreed portfolio of products
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Marketing Department personnel
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Ensure proper assessment of training and development needs of all members of the Marketing Department and ensure provision of appropriate programmes to meet the agreed needs
- Professional Marketing Manager with extensive marketing experience
- Experience in the human or veterinary health sector would be ideal but cross transferable commercial experience would also be considered.
- Strong commercial and analytical abilities. Proven team leadership and staff development experience.
- Broad based B2B marketing experience to include marketing agency management, digital marketing and customer loyalty programs
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively and successfully with a Sales Director/Head of Sales and an established sales team
- Very strong commercial aptitude and awareness
- An inspirational leader with proven management experience and skills.
- A strong team player fitting quickly into the business.
- Confident and assertive
- Ability to work independently and communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues
- Act with professionalism and confidence to represent our client and its interests at external events and meetings
Our client is a market leading, successful and well respected company. The company benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well-established business.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This senior management appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy. The successful appointee will be expected to take a lead role, with the support of the Directors and other Senior Managers, for the strategic as well as commercial success and development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.