Property Business Development Director
Salary: Excellent package to attract the best
Our client is a successful division of a Group of companies that is very well established and a fast-growing provider of outsourced services to the public and private sector. The Group offers a wide range of housing, support and IT services to customers that require innovative solutions offering the best value for money.
Our client is one of the leading private providers of accommodation and support services in the public sector. They have been successfully providing services to central and local Government for many years.
Our client is an accredited service provider with a focus on providing accommodation and support services through transparent partnerships with customers. Their teams work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders in a way that is sensitive to community cohesion issues and guided by a proven sustainable and ethical trading policy.
In all contracts this has involved the acquisition and management of property, working closely with a complex network of local and national stakeholders and the provision of secure and accurate data.
Because of significant commercial opportunities for ongoing growth the Board is looking to strengthen the management team with key appointments. A new Operations Director will be a key new appointment.
Property Business Development Director – The Role
The overall purpose of the role is to provide new business opportunities in the property market as well as effective, efficient and commercially focused asset management of all office and warehouse locations as well as any large-scale building or redevelopment works required for new sites. To be the expert property market and business development advisor to the business providing new business opportunities as well as the required building regulation governance for new and existing office and initial accommodation buildings.
This will include leading on the development and implementation of functional new business strategies, bidding opportunities and entry into previously untested property markets such as social, specialist or generic housing. As well as working with internal and external partners and stakeholders (including agents and developers) to provide new and profitable property related business streams.
The role will also work as part of the Executive Management Team to successfully implement corporate strategies, manage corporate and strategic risk and deliver a high level of operational and financial performance across the business. This includes working to develop strong and effective cross functional working initiatives and taking the lead on developing and implementing specific corporate initiatives and representing the business with external and internal partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an experienced property professional with an in-depth knowledge of and proven track record in the private rented sector market, you will have the vision and creativity to identify, bid for and win new, profitable property and housing related contracts that will maximise return on all investments
- Oversee the development and implementation of all property acquisition and office buildings across the group, including the development and growth of our owned portfolio across a variety of different accommodation contracts
- Develop plans and objectives within your part of the business, working closely with the Board and Executive Management Team to ensure the delivery of compliant, productive and efficient services that are both customer and commercially focused to meet the ambitions of the company business plan
- To provide vision and fresh initiatives for the identification and engagement of new landlords and agents. Accountable for all performance and achievement of operational business development targets, goals, and objectives
- Ensure all assets and resources are used efficiently and effectively
- Develop an annual business plan and operating budget for functional areas and monitor the implementation of these to ensure that the financial targets are met.
- Be responsible for ensuring the business fulfils all property procurement requirements in line with relevant legislation, code of practice and internal policy and advising the Board accordingly.
- As part of the Executive Management Team work to embed the corporate vision and values, and chosen organisational culture
- Responsible for the identification and management of risks relating to functional responsibilities and support risk management activities
Key Requirements for The Role:
- Senior management experience gained in either residential property or commercial property sectors
- Expert knowledge and understanding of property and housing market and property development
- Significant business development and OJEAU bidding process
- Experience of winning multiple housing and property related contracts across both private and public sector
- Experience of working within a regulated property environment
- Proven experience of the identification and management of relevant property compliance and risks relating to functional responsibilities to manage compliance and risk management activities
- Able to analyse financial and other information, make sound judgements, appraise bid profitability and manage risk
- Knowledge, understanding and practical application of providing value for money and quality led bids Leading and driving a culture of improvement and positive transformation
- The best location will be the M4 corridor with flexibility.
Our client is a successful and well-respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth. Our client is part of a dynamic, well established Group and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and growth. There are significant opportunities for our client to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the property teams and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Job Ref No: SM-PBDD 05/18
This job has now been successfully concluded.