Sales and Marketing Director
Salary: Executive package
Our client is a market leading technology solutions and outsourced services provider.
The business has enjoyed significant growth to date. Through organic growth, further acquisitions and international expansion it will achieve even further success in the coming years.
The Board is looking to appoint a high calibre Sales and Marketing Director, an individual to contribute to the strategic plans for the business and to lead the sales and marketing management of the business. The new appointment will lead a significant team of over 200 making a significant contribution in successfully running a fast moving business with current revenues of £300m.
The role will have full strategic, operational and budgetary responsibility for the Sales and Marketing functions. This will be split across four Sales Divisions. Each of the four Divisions has its own Sales Director, they will report in to the role. Also reporting into this role is a Marketing Team that supports the four Divisions, with a Marketing Manager. In addition, there is a Bid Team, it too has its own Bid Director.
Commercial responsibility for the four UK Sales division, ensuring that Turnover, GP and EBIT targets are met in accordance with approved budgets Provide strategic direction and development of the sales activities Understand market challenges in the UK and apply strategic thinking to generate new business opportunities with both new and existing customers Develop the sales strategy, tactics, sales plans and targets in line with the business objectives
- Deliver sales by managing and developing relationships with partners.
- Conduct annual appraisals of direct reports Identify new potential partnering opportunities
- Identify and report on new potential routes to market within new areas
- Identify, target and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Provide direction and motivation to the UK sales teams Forecast accurately to help ensure timely delivery of results
- Lead the implementation of the sales strategy, setting policies, processes and metrics to provide a consistent approach across the business
- Liaise with all parts of the Group and build strong working relationships to ensure that customers remain a priority.
- Attend strategy, P&L, management meetings as necessary
Leading a marketing team, the successful candidate will strategically define and lead the successful implementation of a marketing plan to grow market share, with a focus on:Closely supporting and working in partnership with sales across the Group Service proposition development for new and existing customers Internal and external communications
This will include literature content, all digital marketing including company websites, social media and direct marketing/e campaigns, press releases/articles and advertising/trade showsObjectives:
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy by setting a compelling vision that fits within company strategy and delivers business KPIs.
- Through team leadership, turn the strategy into a plan with clear budget goals and fully integrated communications and media plans across brand and acquisition objectives.
- Establish a strategy across services and build awareness campaigns through PR strategies and tactical marketing campaigns.
- Develop audience segmentation and targeting strategy for prospects to shape media and communications plans.
- Establish a communications strategy, which effectively targets the right messages to the right audiences across all stages of consideration.
- Create and manage budgets and forecasts across all marketing functions – media, creative and channel development.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of the following:
- Proven and successful track record in National Sales and Marketing leadership roles in a related sector, this could include: Managed Print Services; Digital Technology; Outsourced office/mailing/post room services and Technology Solutions that could include products/solutions in hardware, software, voice, data, system integration.
- Accomplished leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills. Strongly numerate.
- Computer literate (standard Microsoft packages) and experience of CRM software.
- High levels of attention to detail.
The person will be part of the senior executive management team but must be prepared to be ‘hands on’ when required.
The person will travel extensively in the UK and internationally.
Our client is a fast growth, successful and well-respected business. The company benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by a market leading organisation.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities, services and market diversification in the UK and internationally.
This new and exciting executive appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and the appointee will be expected to play a major part in the success and development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.