Business Analyst - Earth Observation Application
Our client helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. They do this through their unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for their customers. The business is enjoying an extended period of growth and success and is one of the international market leaders in their field.
Our client has developed a number of new technology products and services for customers based both in the UK and internationally. Now the company is looking to recruit an experienced Business Analyst to work closely with the business and the technology solutions. Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery, the Business Analyst will have exposure to the full product/business/customer lifecycle. You will be making sure the business captures the market requirements, develop the right solutions and deliver it in the best way possible to their customers.
The role will suit an experienced, confident and enthusiastic Business Analyst with a passion for scalable technology and big data. A strong track record of engaging with clients, on-site, during a requirements / design project phase is beneficial. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to commute to the Harwell office. Travel may be required from time to time.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Have/gain an in-depth understanding of Earth Observation (EO) application landscape
- Capture and articulate business requirements
- Create the requirement artifacts e.g. functional specification document, use cases, requirement traceability matrix, business test cases and process mapping documents
- Work collaboratively to build robust relationships within business areas and development team. Be a requirement engineering expert in one or several business verticals
- Perform customer/business facing roles at end user locations. Conduct requirement workshops and interviews for requirements gathering
- Communicate the impact of EO technologies to clients and advise upon the potential introduction of such technology
- Undertake feasibility studies for major product developments incorporating costs and benefits, and present proposals to management team and clients
- Degree educated
- Experience working as a Business Analyst across the full project delivery lifecycle
- Understanding of soft commodity markets and trading
- Knowledge of GIS and/or Remote Sensing tools and techniques
- Experience working within a technology environment
- Proven involvement with customer-facing role
- Experience working closely with technology development teams
- An ability to illustrate the business value behind the technical of work.
- A drive to improve both business and technical processes.
- Strong customer service focus and good business acumen to drive the business forward
- Excellent professional communication skills, fluent in both verbal and written English
Our client is a fast growth, successful and well-respected business. This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities, services and market diversification.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding role with a genuine opportunity for career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.