Operations Director-Property Services
Salary: Salary up to £70,000 plus package
Our client is a successful division of a Group of companies that is very well established and a fast-growing provider of outsourced services to the public and private sector. The Group offers a wide range of housing, support and IT services to customers that require innovative solutions offering the best value for money.
Our client is one of the leading private providers of accommodation and support services in the public sector. They have been successfully providing services to central and local Government for many years.
Our client is an accredited service provider with a focus on providing accommodation and support services through transparent partnerships with customers. Their teams work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders in a way that is sensitive to community cohesion issues and guided by a proven sustainable and ethical trading policy.
In all contracts this has involved the acquisition and management of property, working closely with a complex network of local and national stakeholders and the provision of secure and accurate data.
Because of significant commercial opportunities for ongoing growth the Board is looking to strengthen the management team with key appointments. A new Operations Director will be a key new appointment.
Operations Director – The Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Director will be responsible for all operations and activities required to deliver, support and maintain a profitable, fully compliant service to the company’s central and local government customers. This will include the bidding for existing and new contracts.
- Ensure all financial budgets and other agreed targets are achieved across the company
- Work with the Company Directors and the senior Operations team to drive profitable improvements
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they have an accurate view of the market
- Have a full understanding and control of the key financial and operational drivers for success/failure through timely and accurate reporting
- Have a full understanding and awareness of all financial and operational risks and ensure measures are taken to mitigate and eradicate these threats
- Constantly review working practices to establish if the current ways of working are delivering the desired results and if not, devise and implement an improved way of working
- Ensure appropriate H&S processes and procedures are in place to guarantee that all employees are fully compliant and operate in an approved and safe manner
- Make sure all operations comply with national and local safety regulations, and any other legislation associated with any part of the operation (e.g. safeguarding, HMO, fire regulations, and data protection)
- Maintain and support good business relationships with all stakeholders including business partners, suppliers, authorities, organisations and Group staff
- Make sure the Company retains its accreditations (ISO, IIP etc.) by ensuring the operation actively applies the stated processes and procedures in the daily activity
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and training of all new staff to ensure the quality and skills in the team are maintained and where possible improved within the agreed budgets
- Manage a robust and effective complaints and customer (and service user) satisfaction process to highlight and promptly resolve any issues
- Review and where possible improve technology, equipment, and operational processes to improve efficiency and cut costs
- By example make sure line managers manage their teams in a way that motivates their staff whilst actively managing performance and rewarding success
- Ensuring the company operates in line with the Group's vision, mission and values
Key Requirements for the Role:
- A director or senior manager with significant experience of full departmental/functional responsibility in a business.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering services to local/central government at a senior level. May have had some experience of working in these public-sector environments.
- Experience of working within the housing sector would be ideal but not essential.
- Experienced in managing the financial, operational and contractual performance of a nationally dispersed workforce operating from home and multiple sites.
- Experienced in the management of government contracts in a compliance and KPI orientated environment were a careful balance between positive relationship management and firm commercial negotiation must be maintained.
- Strong commercial acumen with significant experience in managing a P&L account.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong man management skills with the ability to communicate clearly, motivate and manage performance in a succinct and effective manner.
- Be able to work closely with the MD, Group FD and other Directors and senior managers in the formation and delivery of the company business plan.
- To be able to operate in the field and at head office as required. Location may not be an issue.
Our client is a successful and well-respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth. The business is part of a dynamic, well established Group and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and growth. There are significant opportunities for our client to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the operational teams and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.