Head of Visitor Attraction
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Our client owns several recreational sites located around wales. They offer a wide range of facilities and activities, including water sports, mountain biking, walking, angling and cafes/restaurants.
They are looking for someone to help develop and deliver the strategy to ensure the ongoing growth, success and sustainability of the sites.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective day to day management of the visitor centres, marketing and sales strategy. You will have overall P&L and commercial accountability for the visitor centres and will deliver this through the leadership and development of local teams and managers.
You will need to be a strong leader, able to motivate and develop the team, setting and achieving high standards of customer service whilst continuing to build our brand and encourage visitor enjoyment across all sites.
You will demonstrate sound management experience within the tourism, recreation industry, and have a track record of increasing visitor numbers and revenue as well as improving the visitor experience. This is a key role and a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team and bring to life our vision for our recreational sites. You will be passionate about customer service and the opportunities presented through various activities including catering, retail and outdoor pursuits. A flexible approach to travel to various sites across Wales is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Graduate (or equivalent) in related discipline e.g. Tourism Management, Destination Planning, Business and
- Marketing, Event Management, with further professional qualifications
- Excellent commercial awareness and financial/budgeting skills
- Experience of visitor centre management and recreational facilities and conservation
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Previous experience of business development, sales and marketing
- Experienced managing multiple stakeholders with the ability to influence and engage with people at all levels
- Experienced team leader with proven management capability
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with land and conservation
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be expected to take full responsibility, with the support of colleagues, for promoting business growth and development and ensuring the aspirations of the business are achieved.
Job Ref No: SM HoVA 6/17
This job has now been successfully concluded.