Director, Environmental Consultancy (Scotland)
Salary: Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Package Benefits (Flex)
Our client is a well-recognised environmental consultancy business that works nationally and has a prominent position in the Scottish marketplace. The consultancy continues to grow and thrive in areas such as environmental impact assessment, particularly within the renewable energy and sustainability markets.
The Role & Opportunity
The company is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Associate Director or Regional Director level environmental impact assessment professional into their Edinburgh (ideally) or Glasgow offices. The Director will further develop the company’s planning, EIA and wider impact assessment services and contribute to leadership in Edinburgh and the East of Scotland. The role will extend the existing team of environmental planners who are leaders in the field of energy infrastructure impact assessment in Scotland as well as building the portfolio of impact assessment projects in other sectors in Scotland and further afield.
This is a strategic appointment, playing a key role in the geographical expansion of the company’s services, and boosting local leadership for the consultancy’s rapidly expanding Edinburgh presence. The role would be suited to an individual prepared to take an active role in leading a team and generating new business.
This position will offer opportunities for continued progression in a key leadership role for an individual who is a competent manager and respected project director, with the aspiration to progress in a practice where flexibility is not a barrier to career development.
The role includes the opportunity to share and participate actively in the management and ownership of the business through the Employee Ownership Trust, which places full ownership of the company with the employees.
- Candidates for this position will need to combine technical expertise with a strong aptitude for developing business and providing leadership in a broad sense.
- You will be comfortable and competent managing client relationships and directing the technical and financial management of projects.
- Candidates need to have environmental planning backgrounds with sound experience of impact assessment, an understanding of the Scottish energy sector, renewable energy generation and grid infrastructure, and an aptitude to expand the company’s impact assessment work into other sectors.
- The position requires good all-round skills in resource management, training and development, verbal and written communication, and a combination of business skills and technical competence. It is important that you have the ability to work collaboratively, manage and develop teams, articulate ideas and communicate effectively.
- Qualifications should demonstrate professional experience and knowledge equivalent to a relevant degree and Chartered status (e.g. CEnv, MIEMA, MRTPI)
- Knowledge of the energy market in Scotland and ideally Wales and a proven track record of winning and delivering work in this area is essential; the company is seeking someone well connected with a potential client base and partners.
Please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search.
This job has now been successfully concluded.