Salary: Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Package Benefits (Flex)
Our client is a leading UK architectural, engineering and environmental consultancy. This highly successful business provides a range of professional services in the property and construction industries, throughout the UK and abroad. The particular part of the company we are working for is a south east based office that is looking to grow its architectural offering within the industrials customer marketplace such as in logistics, manufacturing, warehousing and data centres.
Working with this consultancy would provide an opportunity to work on interesting and prestigious projects with blue chip clients across the UK and Ireland and there has never been a more exciting time to join.
The Requirement: Director Architecture
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Director level Architect to join the business, taking a lead in managing the company, together with seeking and delivering primarily distribution, warehousing and commercial office projects with a typical value of £1m - £20m. This role is a strategic hire for the company and the person will be a key member of the Leadership Team. The company are looking for someone who is ambitious, dedicated and looking for a long-term leadership role.
- Undertake the role of project director and commercial reviewer on major tenders and projects within your technical area.
- Identify and lead on the preparation of major project bids
- Drive business development by developing existing and identifying new client relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Hire and manage staff and providing support to the senior members of the team and, where appropriate, empower them to line manage less senior staff.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders and wider management to manage recruitment, training, appraisals and any employment relation matters
Skills and Experience (a good combination of the following required)
- Qualified Architect (RIBA Part III) with significant years PQE
- Broad experience in industrial buildings and distribution warehousing running complex and challenging projects.
- A self-starter able to grow and lead a team and build business in all environmental sectors
- People management experience
- Passionate leadership/mentoring ethos
- Budget Management experience
- Working knowledge of UK environmental legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
If this opportunity is of interest and you have the relevant architectural expertise required please email your CV to us.
This job has now been successfully concluded.