Director of Conveyancing
Salary: Excellent package to attract the best
Our client is a leading alternative asset-based infrastructure group with a bold vision to cure the housing crisis for those who need it most: key-workers, first-time buyers and last-time homeowners.
The group invests directly into the delivery of affordable housing and healthcare communities. Through the vertical integration of investment management, property development and customer-centric operations the group effectively transforms land into annuity – delivering exceptional asset based, inflation-linked, long-term income streams.
Aligning the interests of investors, developers, government and, most importantly, ordinary people, the group is building something extraordinary; a viable solution that creates value for everyone.
In partnership with NHS Trusts and Local Authorities, Our client invests directly into housing and healthcare infrastructure, creating environments that change peoples’ lives and deliver responsible, long-term prosperity for all.
They are the only infrastructure group in the UK capable of delivering end-to-end solutions and are unique in partnering with an NHS Foundation Trust to deliver affordable retirement housing.
Our client designs, builds and manages delightful new retirement communities.
The business is the only retirement living provider in the UK to integrate age-friendly housing with finance solutions and lifestyle support services to provide the total solution to independent retirement living.
Through its innovative, government-backed Older Person’s Shared Ownership scheme, our client is making a new market that’s accessible to all, disrupting the sector’s status quo with a genuine customer-centred product offering.
Our client is a for-profit Registered Provider of affordable housing and is supported and regulated by central government (Homes England).
Our clients continued commercial success of has seen the number of residential property purchases and sales completed each year reach the many hundreds. Our client believes that if they were to bring the conveyancing expertise in-house, they will improve the quality of service both they and their clients receive.
The role of Director of Conveyancing is therefore a newly created position to develop and lead an in-house conveyancing team. The new Director of the Conveyancing will work closely with the business’ stakeholders and executive management, be part of the senior management team and report to the Board.
The new team will bring conveyancing in-house. Redefining and streamlining conveyancing and part exchange processes – The new Director will lead the innovation to design and implement systems and workflows to create a market-leading legal services for customers and drive exchanges and completions much faster than conventional industry standards.
The new Director of Conveyancing will work closely with JV partners and funders, whilst ensuring the legal team delivers to its customers a stress free, rapid transition to their new life. He or she will have an involvement in the entire value creation process, from land through planning, development, disposal and asset management.
The ideal candidate will be at least a midlevel Solicitor qualified in England & Wales likely to have significant PQE working in, perhaps leading, a reputable conveyancing team. Alternatively, he or she will currently be senior in-house counsel at a sizeable construction/property development company.
The new Director of Conveyancing will have great experience in real estate development projects and conducting his or her own caseload in the area of residential conveyancing. This being a leadership position, previous experience of managing a team of conveyancing lawyers is also essential.
In addition, the Director of Conveyancing will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of:
- Managing a busy caseload of transactions from instruction to completion and acting as primary point of contact for clients and other stakeholders
- Acquisitions and disposals of land and property including understanding forward funding and selling
- Completing residential, affordable and open market projects Urban regeneration, communities' and commercial projects
- Entity creation, property management and portfolio transactions
- Establishment of new structures, including joint ventures and all related issues Experience in relevant ancillary legal areas including construction, planning, real estate finance, corporate, commercial, litigation and insolvency
- Taking ultimate P&L responsibility of a specialist team or department
- Show a passion for developing, leading and mentoring a team of junior conveyancers to ensure they reach their full potential
- Resolving client queries as and when they arise
- The importance of delivering outstanding customer service.
Competencies / Personal Skills:
- Proactive, confident and professional with a drive to succeed and an outcome focus
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated and able to manage the day to day
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long-term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style.
- "Hands on" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business.
- High degree of integrity An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour.
The new Director of Conveyancing will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be numerate, possess the gravitas to influence all levels of stakeholder, with a strong problem-solving ability and great teamwork skills.
Head Office, Bournemouth. Travel required.
Living within commutable distance, probably an hour.
This role may be considered a truly unique opportunity for a senior conveyancing solicitor to set up his or her own team, within a larger successful and entrepreneurial company. To enjoy the financial security offered by this highly successful and profitable property Group. The guaranteed continuous supply of conveyancing work without the need for any business development effort and the financial rewards that far exceed those expected at a regional law firm will be of great attraction to many entrepreneurial solicitors.
Our client is a very successful and well-respected business. The Group is enjoying an exciting period of opportunity and growth. There are significant opportunities to further develop its capabilities and services and to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will develop and lead the Conveyancing team and work closely with the senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.