Salary: Up to £60,000 for an exceptional candidate
Our client is a European leader in the manufacture of luxury bathroom tissue and kitchen towel. The company is proud of its enviable client base which includes many of the country’s leading supermarkets.
Located in South Wales and following the promotion of the Production Manager, the company wishes to appoint the best possible paper production specialist to replace him.
Production Manager – The Role
To lead the production function of this leading paper manufacturer with a focus on the highest possible standards of health and safety, product quality and production process excellence.
Key points to the role include:
- Lead, manage and motivate the 35 staff working across the paper making department including the technical and process teams
- Maintain the highest possible standards in health & safety to continue the company’s proud record of performance
- Help devise and implement a plan for succession to ensure the long-term supply of excellent paper production specialists on site
- To lead by example in encouraging a culture of continuous improvement across the company’s production systems and processes
The ideal professional profile will be a paper production specialist currently working at a paper mill with the technical expertise and management experience. Most likely therefore the new Production Manager will currently be working at a 24/7 paper mill in the position of:
- Production Manager
- Deputy Production Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Technical Manager
- Machine Manager
In addition the new Production Manager must be fluent in English and ideally will be experienced in working on big investment / project work. As a “hands on” Production Manager, it is imperative that the new appointee has a strong and personable character. He or she will be a “people person” that encourages open dialogue and is able to communicate with colleagues to train, mentor, inspire and motivate them.
This is a rare opportunity for a paper making specialist to join a very well-established industry leader which uses some of the most advanced production equipment in the world. A highly successful business which enjoys serving an enviable client base of leading supermarkets. Its position in the market and as part of a Pan European company ensures long-term security as well as opportunities for further professional development.
Please apply through the advert if this opportunity is of potential interest.
This job has now been successfully concluded.