Production Manager (Food Sector - 'Biscuits')
Salary: £55,000 Base Salary (with flex) + Benefits
Our client is a specialist food manufacturing company based in the East Midlands that is financially successful and fast growing. The business has a range of products that are produced across the various lines at its East Midlands state of the art modern technology site.
Due to continued development and growth there is the strategic requirement to recruit a suitably experienced Production Manager into this post.
The main functions of the job are:
- Full autonomy and accountability for the safety, quality, cost, delivery and people within the manufacturing area of direct control.
- Maximise the departmental capability to achieve performance and efficiency targets within the operation whilst always giving priority to H&S and Food Safety.
- Supporting the Factory Manager, take a holistic view of the operation and opportunities for efficiencies and people development/management.
- Set the improvement framework for direct reports to develop themselves and their teams against.
- Give practical advice to the section managers on day to day actives, ensuring a consistent approach across all production areas and shifts.
Suitable candidates for this role will possess the following backgrounds:
- Must have biscuits sector production leadership and/or managerial experience
- Must have sound understanding of bakery machinery and technical processes
- Demonstrable leadership behaviours and delivery of results through structured ways of working
- SAP training to perform notification & standardise procedures.
- Process knowledge ability to work out pre-costs against budget demand.
- Proven working knowledge of TPM techniques and the ability to problem solve
- Proven track record in production management. Data driven to improve known performance.
- Team player who leads by example. Great attitude & behavioural style.
- Coach & Mentor highly focused on individual & team development
Please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search if this role is suitable and of interest.
Job Ref No: GWPM 07/19