UK Managing Director
Our client is one of the global market leaders manufacturing engineered specified products into the building services industry. The company is a truly global brand, increasingly moving away from being just a supplier of components and moving towards being a specified solutions provider.
The company has some challenging and ambitious growth plans over the next 3-5 years and are now looking to recruit a new UK Managing Director to drive their business forwards.
The incoming Managing Director will be an experienced and highly commercial business leader, with a successful track record of enhancing profitability and growing businesses. This is a key appointment with full P&L responsibility, while also being responsible for enhancing and implementing the business strategy in line with company objectives.
It is a particularly exciting time to join the business as the company are about to launch a new range of high end innovative products which is expected give them competitive advantage over competitors in the market.
Key Business Objectives
- Grow the business while improving EBITDA
- Rejuvenate and reenergize the team with the long term vision to become market leaders in the UK
- Assist the Sales Director in developing strong relationships with national contractors and key clients to drive specified sales and increase market share
- Play a key role in developing a successful and robust business
- Lead and set the direction for the UK Management team as well as the whole UK organisation
- Rapidly become acquainted with the Group management style and operational philosophies; gaining a strong understanding of the product range, engineering services, markets and customer base
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader, to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for the business unit performance, develop a plan to improve profitability of the UK & IE business
- Further develop and implement an ambitious business growth strategy in line with the group strategy
- Devise and implement demanding targets for improvement in market share, profit margin and customer satisfaction measures, without compromising quality
- Build and maintain strong relationships to ensure communication and integration with Group
- Develop strong and constructive relationships at a high level with existing and potential customers
- Review existing systems, controls and organisational structures to identify, track and optimise conversion and pull through of contracts to support the realistic but ambitious growth plans
- Build and maintain a growth-oriented customer focused culture with accountability, high commitment and team work as shared values
Skills and Competencies Required
- Degree educated, MBA preference
- Strong commercial background in relevant field
- Extensive senior management experience within a comparable business
- Proven senior management experience, preferably with a commercial or general management background in specified building products and solutions, supplying into the building services industry
- Strong commercial leader with P&L experience, with demonstrable track record of growing and developing a business
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, lean management and a strong sense of accountability
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style
- ‘Hands on’ operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
This job has now been successfully concluded.