Interim HR Director (3 months) - Public Sector
Salary: £450 per day
Our client is a principal intergovernmental body headed by the Secretary-General who is responsible and accountable for overall leadership, management and delivery, reporting to worldwide Heads of Government.
It has an annual budget of circa £45m and a staff of approximately 200. The HR division supports and facilitates the translation of the organisation’s mission and values and the 2017-2021 Strategic Plan into an HR strategy that maximises the potential of their people and to deliver against that plan.
The Division is responsible for leading in the development and delivery of:
- HR management including development and implementation of an overarching HR strategies and information systems
- HR policy, including regular review and co-ordination of its implementation
- HR administration including terms and conditions of service as well as contract administration for staff positions at the headquarters in London
- Organisational development including performance management, staff development and training
- Employee relations
- Organisation health, including change management
- Facilities Management across two offices in London and offices in New York & Geneva
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Interim Human Resources Director will lead on the development and implementation of effective, responsive and efficient people management strategies, policies, and planning management systems that are aligned to organisational needs and best practice.
The Director is responsible for overseeing HR planning (including rotation and succession planning, recruitment and selection, learning and development and exit management), performance management, reward management, and employee relations. The Director promotes a responsive and safe work environment in which employee engagement, growth, development and productivity is optimised through appropriate organisational culture, people philosophy and values, diversity management, equal opportunities, terms and conditions of service, consistent policy interpretation and application, staff management/relations, team work and regular HR administrative reviews.
The Director works in close partnership with fellow Directors and other senior management in order to support achievement of the wider goals as well as fulfilment of the Division’s objectives and annual Delivery Plan. He/she has a strong leadership and management role to ensure that the Division delivers consistently.
In order to strengthen in-house capacity, the Director will be expected in particular to lead and oversee delivery of an overarching Human Resources People management strategy. This includes the delivery of a People Plan, improved performance and reward management policies; an enhanced contribution on the Human Resource aspects of organisational design and strategic planning; and, enhanced input to change management including staff retention and rotation.
- Provide strategic and technical advice on all HR matters
- Implement and continuously review an overarching HR people management strategy, aligned with the Strategic Plan
- Develop a Human Resource planning system aligned with the programme planning and budgeting cycles, and oversee the provision of support to other Divisions in their Human Resource planning, resourcing and deployment
- Ensure staff in the European and US offices are working effectively
- Deliver HR policies that reflect best international practice
- Manage HR services, and ensure their timely ongoing provision and quality
- Recruitment of staff against operational needs and priorities
The Interim HR Director is required with an immediate start and will be a 3 month contract.
This job has now been successfully concluded.