Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs
Our client is a well-respected global nutrition, weight-management and personal-care company. The company was founded in 1980 and it employs around 4,000 people worldwide. Herbalife has enjoyed significant growth and success reporting global sales of US $2.3 billion in 2009. Our client has its corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, US.
The company distributes its products in 72 countries through a network of approximately two million independent distributors. Our client’s Nutrition Advisory Board is the guiding force behind their industry-leading success. This team of respected scientific experts directs the development of products through research and product testing, so that our client quality meets the highest standards set for the industry today.
The appointee will lead a team of 10 with 2 direct management reports and will be responsible for product regulatory compliance throughout the product lifecycle of foods, food supplements, and cosmetics throughout more than 37 markets in Europe, Middle-East, and Africa.
He/she will ensure that the organisational structure, budget, and headcount are in alignment with the voluntary and compulsory demands from within and outside of the company.
The appointee will be expected to lead a dynamic team with an international focus. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for ensuring existing products meet regulations and compliance and remain in circulation and those new products meet similar requirements to enter the marketplace. As such the role has an important part to play and affects the future commercial success for Herbalife Europe.
He/she will accomplish all tasks with collaboration from colleagues in a timely manner; partnering with all internal and external client groups.
Liaises with Corporate Regulatory Compliance (Global Licensing), in-country consultants & attorneys, trade associations, R&D, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Marketing, Regional and Country Management teams, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Creative Services, Worldwide Regulatory & Government Affairs, Scientific Affairs, Counsel, Nutrition Advisory Board, and Distributor Relations
Demonstrated ability to lead a large, multi-level team.
- Experience working in a commercially dynamic, fast moving company.
- Experience supporting the opening of new markets.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in food, nutrition, supplements, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, biology, chemistry, food science or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Expert knowledge of licensing & regulatory compliance business processes.
- Proven ability to analyse complex technical data, develop recommendations and implement solutions.
- Excellent planning, organisational and project management skills.
- Exemplifies adaptability in a fast-paced setting with evolving goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is a plus.
- PC skills (email, word-processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
Our client is a successful and well respected business. The company is part of an international Group and as such benefits from the significant resources and experiences offered by a major market leading organisation.
The key senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy. The appointee will be expected to lead a dynamic team with an international focus. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for ensuring existing products meet regulations and compliance and remain in circulation and those new products meet similar requirements to enter the marketplace. As such the role has an important part to play and affects the future commercial success for Herbalife Europe.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.