Head of Manufacturing / Production
Salary: £50,000 plus generous bonus & package
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital equipment for the processing industry. With their growing manufacturing base in the South East, they are leaders in their field, servicing a number of the world's largest blue chip organisations.
There is a requirement within their business to appoint a Manufacturing Manager to join their ambitious and growing business. In this lead position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the manufacturing facility. This will include sourcing and procurement of materials, planning and implementing production schedules and ensuring output exceeds customer expectations in terms of quality and timing.
The role will require the appointee to work collaboratively with the sales, technical and marketing departments to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of production schedules to meet customer requirements
- Forward planning of labour and machine capacities to meet customer demand volumes
- Establish the most economic sourcing of materials and components
- Ensure that the most economical batches of production are used
- Develop the skills of both the workforce and production management
- Raise the quality levels to above customer expectations
- Ensure inventory holdings are at best industry levels
- Liaise with product development to speedily produce items required by the technical department
- Ensure the latest Health & Safety practices are maintained
- Ensure that communication with all departments is accurate and timely
- Adopt a policy of continuous improvement in both product cost and achieved quality
- Lead Lean Manufacturing implementation
- Maintenance of sites and utilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant manufacturing management
- Evidence of Project Management skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience/Leader
- Experience of purchasing/supply chain management
- Experience of low to medium output of product (capital equipment)
- Demonstrate experience of lead time reductions
- Experience of workshop activities including general machining
- Experience of Production Control and ERP system and stores/stock management.
- Evidence of working to deadlines and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
This job has now been successfully concluded.