Head of Technical / New Product Development (Mechanical Engineering)
Salary: £50,000 plus generous bonus & package
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital equipment for the processing industry. With their growing manufacturing base in the South East, they are leaders in their field servicing a number of the world’s largest blue chip organisations.
There is a requirement within their business to appoint a Technical Manager to join their ambitious and growing business. In this lead position, the successful candidate will be responsible for all technical matters companywide.
The role will require the appointee to work collaboratively with the sales, production and marketing departments to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To recruit new technical staff in conjunction with the relevant department head
- Provide guidance and insight on all technical matters to the Board
- Oversee and give direction to development projects to make sure they are completed in agreed timescales
- Contribute to product design and the establishment of requirements
- Delegate technical responsibilities and monitor progress of projects / workload
- Deliver new products consistently, on time and on budget
- Review all work produced by Development, Drawing Office, Quality and NPD teams
- Ensure all IP matters relating to the company’s business are dealt with via the Development Manager and to advise/assist where necessary
- Conduct regular status meetings with all necessary departments
- Give direction to the Quality Manager with respect to his management role ref. quality and the continuous support for the ISO9000 certification
- Responsible for the operation of the Company’s Quality departments
- Input to the annual company budget for the relevant departments
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics
- Project Management skills
- Experience working within capital equipment manufacturing
- Significant experience in team management
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Solid working knowledge of 3D CAD
- Outstanding leaderships skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
This job has now been successfully concluded.