Salary: Competitive plus Executive Package
With significant investment in place and enormous potential, our client has an opportunity to make a huge impact to urban regeneration and the creation of new communities. Their products greatly reduce time to construction and completion while reducing waste and resources.
Having proven their concept and with a ready pipeline of orders, the next step centres on significantly increasing production output over 2018. To maximise their chance of undertaking that in a short time frame will require the appointment of an Operations Director to lead the manufacturing, supply chain, transport and logistics and installation aspects of the organisation.
This senior management position will take full ownership of all production from setting up the facility, establishing processes and lean principles as well as growing and developing the team to achieve greatest effect. This is a strategic position and requires an individual to lead and contribute to the long-term direction and success of the business. Being visible, present and working collaboratively with everyone in the organisation will therefore be important.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Manufacturing or related engineering discipline
- Proven track record in operations management at Director level within a Lean manufacturing business
- Demonstrable experience of sustained achievements in production and process improvements
- Experience within a discrete manufacturing environment where product specifications are high complexity and low repeat
- Strong people manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- A deep understanding of Lean techniques and behaviours.
- Experience of manufacturing IT systems
- Demonstrable organisational, planning and negotiating skills
- A Lean advocate who demonstrates the Lean behaviours and attitudes.
- Results orientated with the ability to combine strategic planning with hands on responsibility
- Bottom line focused and highly financially aware
- Personal fit with the existing team
- Intense work ethic with a can-do attitude
Our client is an important business within a highly successful group with strong management, clear vision and an established reputation for excellence.
There are a number of reasons for anyone to join including:
- A strong pipeline of work with ambition to continue that growth.
- A commercial and innovative approach to changing the accepted processes of construction.
- A local focus with the opportunity to forge long lasting relationships with supply chain and stakeholders.
- A continual desire to innovate and improve including investing in their own staff.
The Operations Director is an exciting and challenging new appointment. The role will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibilities working right alongside the MD. The successful appointee will take a lead role, working with other staff ensuring they continue to develop and improve its offering and increasing the return to the larger enterprise.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and highly respected business.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter.
This job has now been successfully concluded.