Salary: £80,000 plus bonus and LTIP
Our client is one of London’s leading suppliers of niche luxury products and services and as part of a strategic succession plan, they require a new Managing Director to direct and lead the company’s growth and development. The existing client base is made up of some of London’s most discerning businesses many of which have been loyal clients for a long time. This will be the platform for further growth and diversification.
The company has attracted PE interest so now has the resources and ambition to expand. The new MD will be responsible for setting the development strategy and delivering this through an established team.
- The MD will drive operational and business strategy encompassing new product and market development. The highest levels of customer service will be, naturally, at the heart of all operational improvements
- Develop and implement new business ideas and strategies to help maintain the current premium position in the market
- Oversee the growth of the Company’s customer base
- Manage the resulting recruitment and subsequent increase in headcount
- Review financial statements, commercial and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing investment, cost reduction and programme improvement
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for Company performance
- Build and maintain a growth orientated customer focused culture with accountability, high commitment and team work as shared values
The main focus of the role is to deliver the financial projections by implementing the strategy. It will be focused on the operational requirements of the business as it grows whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service. New systems and behaviours may be needed to consolidate and exploit the existing competitive advantage. The Managing Director (future CEO) will oversee the development of the senior management team and all service providers with a view to improving operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in achieving growth and, preferably, in an SME or PE backed business. Specific product experience is not critical although knowledge and understanding of the luxury sector would be a distinct advantage.
Market experience of value includes hospitality (events and hotels for example) and professional services.
To summarise, this is a market leading business and with new PE investment and ambition the company is set for an exciting future. As the founder is now working towards an exit so success in this role will lead to the opportunity to progress to CEO.
Given the high volume of responses anticipated, it may not be possible to respond to all of those whose applications are unsuccessful.
This job has now been successfully concluded.