Group Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Competitive package
Our client is a well established and successful, privately owned Group of companies with an annual turnover in excess of £200m. The Group is diverse and operates in the areas capital equipment sales, automotive and construction.
This is a new key appointment and will report directly to the Group CEO.
The Group Health and Safety Manager will join the business and help achieve company objectives by leading and facilitating the development, delivery, implementation, measurement and maintenance for the businesses H&S processes and systems.
Success will be dependent on the ability to engage with the business and promote the H&S culture within the organisation.
- Implement and maintain the aims and objectives of the Company Health and Safety policy and Health and Safety
- Management System taking account of changes in legislation, best practice and Codes of Practice
- Provide timely and appropriate recommendations to the business and advise the Directors, of arrangements and strategy for safety management
- Chair Health and Safety meetings; provide minutes and progress actions as necessary
- Provide innovative Health and Safety solutions and communications, particularly ‘lessons learnt’ and Health and
- Safety schemes via the Health and Safety companywide updates
- Investigate all accidents / incidents and near misses and provide recommendations to prevent further occurrence
- Produce monthly reports on company performance in terms of accident / incident statistics, compliance with
- Safety Management System and Policy etc. undertake associated statistical analysis of hours/accident data/trends etc.
- Review and keep updated with current and new legalisation by maintaining a central Health and Safety information library
- Continually review the supply chain to ensure those suppliers with a poor Health and Safety record and performance are not used
- Liaise and build relationships with established Health and Safety governing bodies
- Ensure that an appropriate level of audits/inspections of work places and practices is carried out in accordance with the risk profile and a monitored programme
- Ensure records are maintained of internal visits to sites and of external audit reports
- Maintain records of all reportable accidents / incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences
- Ensure records are maintained of project safety audits/inspections, accident reports and accident books
- Capture and encourage innovations and new Health and Safety initiatives from staff
- Lead by setting a personal example and actively promote at all levels the company’s commitment to effective
- Health and Safety
- Ensure that all work undertaken complies with the requirements of relevant legislation
- Work closely with the Quality functions as part of a developing integrated management function
- Preparation and design of site emergency procedures
- Promote systems to ensure all employees receive instruction in their responsibilities for safe working methods
- Propose an H&S training matrix for all employees and organise relevant H&S training courses for all employees
- Provide H&S induction training and introduction for all new employees
Candidates will be considered with cross transferable sector experience if they have relevant and proven Health and Safety Management experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. Grad IoSH
- A qualified internal health & safety auditor with demonstrable experience of completing internal audits
- Accident Investigation certificate. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Operational Health and Safety role
- Experience of Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental Management ideally ISO standard
- Familiar with instruction and implementation of health and safety systems and processes
- Practical working knowledge of up-to-date H&S Legislation relevant to the business
- Experience of advising senior management at policy level
- Significant practical experience of problem solving OHS issues in a dynamic/diverse environment
- Experience of investigating incidents and reporting objectively. Experience of managing change
Our client is a successful and well-respected business. The business has great potential for further growth. This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth. There are significant opportunities for the Group to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead H&S strategy and implementation, with the support of the senior management team. The appointee will make a significant contribution to the Group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.