Head of Major Projects
Our client is a global market leader in broadcast services, specialising in Event Communications, Equipment Rental, Outside Broadcast, Project Solutions and Systems Integration.
The business operates globally and currently has significant operations in the UK and Australia where they have similar size teams. They are world renowned for supplying high quality broadcast equipment; production facilities and project management support for large scale live and near live events.
They have supplied equipment and project management facilities for a number of high profile events including the European Football Championships, Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games, iRB Rugby World Cup, FIFA World Cup, FA Premiership football, golf, ATP tennis, reality television programmes and music awards.
Head of Major Projects
The company’s Project Solutions Division is the largest business unit in the organisation. It provides total broadcast facilities for major televised events, combining consultancy and operational knowledge to deliver broadcast solutions for high profile sporting events, reality programming and live or near live broadcast.
The business is looking to make a key appointment and recruit a Head of Major Projects who will report to the UK Managing Director. This will be an important addition to the senior management team.
The Head of Major Projects will have responsibility for successful project delivery, commercial leadership; pre-sales bidding/contract negotiation, client development, team management and of course will make a strategic contribution to the growth of the business.
It is essential that candidates have an engineering background and have gained valuable commercial, leadership and operational experience within the broadcasting sector.
The role will require international travel sometimes at weekends and for weeks at a time. Candidates will be able to show experience of successfully working in this way or at least a willingness and commitment to do so.
- Results orientated, ensuring major projects are delivered on time and to budget while delivering the highest level of service to the client
- Sets the vision and encourages others to make “Best Practice” contribution to drive quality performance and achieve business excellence
- Analysis and enhancement of the operational and commercial strategy to help drive operational efficiency and business growth
- Provide motivation, leadership and direction within the Division to ensure the achievement of project and business targets
- To represent the business and contribute to the development of strategy and policy within the company
- Benchmark company performance against leading edge organisations and develops major initiatives for continuous improvement
- Takes a lead in creating a strategic vision of major business opportunities
- To work co-operatively with other business Divisions and support functions within the Group to promote and facilitate the achievement of company objectives
- To manage as required, client relationships and contract negotiations for the Group
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with key customers and potential customers at a senior level
- To ensure the ongoing development and recruitment of all team members within the Division and to ensure succession plans are in place for all key positions
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement of self and the development of skills and abilities of others
This job has now been successfully concluded.