Director of Operations and Logistics
Our client is an international broadcast and media business, supplying services to a range of live and nearly live events predominantly within entertainment and sports.
They are a successful and well-respected business going through an extended period of growth. Due to these growth plans, they are looking to recruit a new Director of Operations & Logistics to help enhance their operational and asset management functions.
The Director of Operations & Logistics will have full responsibility for the staff and processes of the warehouse, logistics, distribution and asset management functions of the business. It is critical that company assets are utilised effectively in order to drive efficiency and maximise profits. The individual will be responsible for managing a warehouse operation of around 40 - 50 people and will need to communicate effectively with the project management teams and international offices.
The new Director of Operations & Logistics will provide inspirational operational leadership and enhance operational efficiency and asset utilisation.
Key responsibilities / attributes:
- Responsibility for the receipt, storage, maintenance, utilisation and outward distribution of company assets
- Analysis of the operational processes and to report suggested improvements to enhance operational efficiency and asset utilisation
- To explore opportunities to implement the latest managerial, logistics, distribution and asset management techniques to the benefit of the business
- Day- to-day management and leadership of the warehouse
- Managing internal relationships with project management teams and international offices
- Reporting to the UK Managing Director on all areas of performance and recommendations for operational improvements
- Drafting and delivering budgets and strategic plans for future periods
- Stakeholder relations to other functions of the business to ensure continuous, timely and accurate information to ensure the smooth running of all business processes
- Performing a leadership role within the operations / warehouse / distribution / logistics function of the business
- A thorough understanding of best practice for effective management of a modern warehouse
- Demonstrable analytical skills and evidence of warehouse and distribution process reviews and change management
- To ensure the ongoing development and recruitment of all team members and to ensure succession plans are in place for all key positions
- Strong management and communication skills
- Experience of working within a similar role within a time critical logistics business
Our client is a successful and industry leading business with strong growth plans. This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and further develop its international business.
This key appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy whilst being key influencing factors to the company’s success, playing a major part in the strategic development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within an exciting and respected business and with a genuine opportunity for career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.