Salary: Executive package
Our client is a well-respected and successful medical device manufacturer and is part of a larger and diverse plc.
Our client provides advanced medical equipment and technology, and is proud of its position at the forefront of operating room and critical care area design.
The business employs around 100 skilled staff and has its own UK manufacturing facility supplying operating room and critical care equipment, both in the UK and overseas.
Reporting to the plc Board, the Managing Director will have full, strategic, operational and P&L responsibilities for the company.
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for the business performance
- The MD will drive the business strategy encompassing new product and market development as well as driving continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Oversee the development of new business of the company's client portfolio throughout the UK and overseas
- Overall responsibility for the continued building of relationships with key accounts to maintain, develop and expand the company's client list
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the company, including Operations, Engineering, Project Management,
- Finance, Service, Staffing and Sales
- Devise and implement demanding targets for improvement in market share, profit margin and customer satisfaction measures, without compromising existing high product quality
- The MD will drive operational and business strategy encompassing new product and market development as well as driving continuous improvement throughout the business. Quality and Regulatory Compliance naturally being at the heart of all operational improvements.
- Review financial statements, commercial and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing investment or cost reduction and program improvement
- Provide a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees
- Establish and implement organisation policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Ensure that the key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their responsibilities in the business
- Ensure roles are clearly defined and understood and all personnel are motivated and developed to achieve the business’s objectives
- Developing and aligning the business direction with clear performance objectives for each employee, ensuring they attain the required competencies, behaviours, knowledge and personal attributes for the role
- Drive initiatives across the organization that delivers operational excellence while improving operational systems, policies, procedures and standards
- Provide visible and effective leadership. Motivating and inspiring others to achieve individual and organisational objectives through highly visible and effective personal intervention.
Graduate equivalent; ideally in a technical/electronics/software engineering discipline. A relevant business qualification will be helpful.
- Experienced and proven Managing Director from within the Medical Device Sector
- Alternatively, an exceptional business/commercial leader in the Medical Device sector who is ready to take the next natural step up to this position
- Exceptional commercial skills, with a strong focus on business performance and profitability
- Proven track record in business development and client retention and growth
- Proven experience in fast growth, changing environments will be advantageous
- A successful track record of delivering growth.
- Experience of the international marketplace would be desirable
- A charismatic leader who has demonstrated an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- You will have experience of building relationships with senior commercial and technical decision-makers and ideally possess strong personal contacts with key players.
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
Our client is a successful and well-respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation. The business has great potential for further growth. The business is part of a dynamic, well established plc, and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth nationally and internationally. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the business and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of Group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.