Salary: Circa £50,000 plus generous benefits
Our client is a well established and internationally recognised leading technology Group. The organisation promotes the effective use of ICT, e-Learning, e-Research, Access Management and Networking Solutions to the education, research and broader public sector environments.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the tax strategy for our client. You’ll provide leadership within the specialist area of tax; developing and implementing a strategy and operational plan to improve their tax efficiency whilst working a complex partial exemption method operating the UK's largest VAT tax exemption group.
This will include:
- Monitoring and reporting on tax, identifying areas of improvement and concern and taking remedial actions where necessary
- Keeping abreast of changing taxation laws and requirements to develop proposals for ensuring our client remains tax efficient and compliant
- Leading the development and implementation of systems, processes and policies to so that they remain tax compliant
- Completion of annual Research and Development tax claims and VAT returns
- Working with an external partner, calculate and file annual Corporation Tax returns
- Responding to HMRC queries
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to finance business partners on taxation matters
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors, reviewing outcomes to develop and implement improvements and remedial actions
To be successful, you will need:
- A competent tax specialist with extensive knowledge of the UK tax system
- CTA, ACA or equivalent extensive experience
- Significant experience of tax planning as manager or equivalent
- A strategic thinker with ability to recognise and balance interdependencies to achieve long term goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills with evidence of successfully applying creative solutions
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to communicate complex tax issues in a simple and impactful way
- Significant experience of delivering insightful and impactful analysis and advice to senior management
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload and that of others in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- The ability to anticipate and adapt to new situations and issues to exploit potential opportunities
- Flexible working will be considered
Our client is a very well established, world renowned, successful and well respected organisation. They have a vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world.
This key appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be expected to take a lead role in developing the group tax strategy, improving the tax efficiency whilst working a complex partial exemption method operating the UK’s largest VAT tax exemption group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.