Salary: Up to £50,000 + Benefits
Our client is a local, well established and successful organisation within the financial sector.
Our client is seeking a Company Secretary to join its Risk Team. This role would be suited to an individual who has company secretarial experience in a financial services business or other regulated environment. Building strong relationships across the Board, Executive Team and the wider business will be a key requirement in addition to a broad knowledge and experience of corporate governance. The successful candidate will be comfortable in managing and operating document control software. The ability to meet tight deadlines and effect strong and timely communication is a necessity.
- Support the Chairman in ensuring the Board functions efficiently and effectively
- Organise Board and Board sub-committee meetings, and AGMs. This will include:
Issuing meeting papers
Maintaining work programmes/business calendars
Ensuring decisions made and actions required are communicated to the relevant people
Dealing with pre- and post-meeting administration
Fulfilling statutory, regulatory and Society notification/record keeping requirements
- Maintain Board and Board sub-committees’ terms of reference, making recommendations for amendment as required to reflect changes in the clients governance structure and the regulatory/legislative environment, adopting best practice where appropriate
- Maintain the register of Board Members’ interests and conflicts
- Issue Notices of Meetings, in compliance with current legislation and the clients Rules, ensure maintenance of the
- Members Register and implement changes to the clients Memorandum and Rules
- Support the Senior Independent Director in carrying out:
Annual effectiveness reviews for the Board and Board sub-committees
Recruitment and selection processes for Non-Executive Directors
- Support the Chairman in planning and delivering induction programmes for Directors
- Strong communication, written and numeracy abilities
- Understanding of the financial services industry and/or other regulatory environments
- Ability to work independently and work under the pressure of tight deadlines
This role would also suit an assistant Company Secretary looking for the next step in their career. Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package and the success candidate will enjoy a rewarding career.
Job Ref No: SM CS 07/17
This job has now been successfully concluded.