Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive salary
Chief Executive Officer; Oxford/London
Founded in 2017, Oxford Cannabinoid Technologies (OCT) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on researching, developing, and licensing cannabinoid-based compounds and therapies. OCT brings researchers, clinicians and cannabinoid experts to advance their understanding of the medical properties of cannabis and develop new therapies.
OCT was established by UK investment firm Kingsley Capital Partners, in conjunction with other investors. Through their close partnership with the University of Oxford, they have access to world leading scientists, expertise, and facilities.
OCT is already gathering momentum and while research activity is in its early stages, a CEO is required to lead the business through its growth and stages of evolution, creating value for OCT’s investors and introducing cannabinoid-based medications to market.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking the business administration required in OCT’s early stages
- Leading the legal processes required to support relationships with Oxford University and other research partners
- Setting the research strategy and working with researchers to ensure that appropriate subjects are funded
- Management of projects that are funded and initiation of external commercial discussions at the most appropriate time
- Managing relationships and reporting to OCT’s board and shareholders
- This opportunity has many components and the skill set required is a demanding one. The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background from the Lifesciences sector including Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals.
Required experience includes:
- Collating and delivering accurate and timely reports to colleagues, partners and investors
- Management of researchers and research projects and the delivery of results
- Experience of operating in a high-profile role
- No previous experience of cannabinoid research is required, but may be an advantage.
It is OCT’s vision to become a global leader in cannabinoid-based therapies, improving the quality of life for millions of patients. If you have the experience and ambition to lead OCT to achieve this vision please send apply through the advert.
This job has now been successfully concluded.