International Sales Director - Medical Devices
Salary: Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
Our client is a market-leader in neuroscience and psychiatry, trusted by more researchers and clinicians in their field than any other manufacturer. The business has developed strong partnerships with other leading medical and research companies and now manufacture and supply a wide range of products for research and clinical applications.
The International Sales Director is a key and exciting opportunity. With responsibility for the UK and International Sales the role will be responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s sales strategy, identifying and prioritising new business opportunities and channels and developing existing customers. This role will play a fundamental part in developing future sales growth and providing vision, direction and leadership for the sales team and channel partners.
The International Sales Director will lead a team of three UK Direct Sales Managers, plus two Sales Managers based regionally in France and Japan. This key appointment will also lead the channel/distribution network building on existing relationships as well as growing the network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand market challenges in the UK and internationally and apply strategic thinking to generate new business opportunities with both new and existing customers
- Develop the sales strategy, tactics, sales plans and targets in line with the business objectives
- Deliver sales by managing and developing relationships with partners including distributors and end-line customers
- Identify new potential partnering opportunities
- Launch of new product to UK and international markets. There are 2 product launches planned for 2017
- Identify and report on new potential routes to market within new therapy areas
- Identify, target and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Achieve targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth
- Provide direction and motivation to the UK and International sales teams
- Forecast accurately to help ensure timely delivery of results
- Lead the implementation of the sales strategy to all field based sales teams, set policies, processes and metrics to provide a consistent approach across the business
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Sales management experience within medical devices/equipment businesses
- Experience of 'selling' consultatively, across therapy areas
- Experience coaching, mentoring and leading high performance sales teams
- Experience of developing new markets/introducing products and ideas into new ‘therapy’ areas
- An understanding of ‘patient choice’.
- Experience of leading sales with highly developed international distributor channels is essential.
- A proven track record of adaptability in multi-cultural environments.
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated and able to manage the day to day
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style
- "Hands on" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business.
- High degree of integrity
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour.
This job has now been successfully concluded.