Salary: Excellent package
Our client is a Division of a well-established UK building products and services Group. The business is a very successful, high-specification building products manufacturer and contractor operating internationally.
Under the direction of the FD, to lead the day to day core finance and internal control functions of the business, and to strengthen, improve and simplify finance and control processes ahead of the forthcoming implementation of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Management of a team of people.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, year-end and half year reporting packs to local management and group specification
- Work with the divisional finance director and managing director to position routine re-forecasts of annual results, budget information and strategic plan financial information and incorporate this into financial models for presentation to local management and for group reporting purposes
- Improve cash management and working capital efficiency, including working with the operations director and the procurement department on optimal re-stocking procedures, ensuring that stock turn by line item remains satisfactory and highlighting slow moving items
- Work with operations to ensure accurate stock control and robust period end cut-off disciplines
- Assist the MD, under the guidance of the divisional FD, to improve and keep up to date factory costings/inventory valuations, preparing and analysing standard cost variances, improving stock control, and producing accurate costings for pricing/quotation purposes and project profitability reporting. Ensure absorption of labour and overhead into the inventory valuation is appropriate and prudent.
- Management of local treasury and tax needs including implementing a forward FX hedging programme and managing/minimising currency ledger balances, together with the FD and within group policy, overseeing compliance with local customs duties and VAT regs and preparing associated returns to group
- Preparing duty deferment reconciliations, supervision of Intra stat reporting, and ensuring simple US tax returns are filed on time and in accordance with local regs.
- Full monthly balance Sheet reconciliations
- Supervision in preparation of input for payroll (actual payroll prepared at Group HQ). PAYE and NIC on line updates. P11D’s and monthly reconciliations and on line returns.
- Administration of Company Cars, and insurance arrangements (the latter within the group insurance programme)
- Approval of amounts for payment via banking system, liaising with FD on cash flows and preparing cash flow forecasts, Sterling, dollar, Euros, HK$
- Be an internal champion of continuous improvement in internal financial controls, including liaison with internal and external auditors and input to, agreement and implementation of their recommendations
- Supervision of ledgers, ledger processes and management the local transaction processing team
Project & development objectives beyond the current day to day routine:
- Update and map chart of accounts to group reporting, liaise with all departments to provide management information needed to help run the business.
- in the short term to reduce manual intervention in accounts and in preparation for move to Navision.
- Play a leading role in strengthening and simplifying procedures ahead of forthcoming implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP
- Be a key member of the Nav implementation team, including a key user and champion of the system
Key skills and attributes:
- A qualified accountant with post qualification experience in small/medium sized manufacturing business.
- A team player.
- A “sleeves rolled” up “doer”, finisher and completer, diligent with attention to detail but also able to see the big picture.
- Organised, able to self-motivate with personal drive, able to work in a devolved environment and meet deadlines with limited day to day supervision
- Good ERP systems skills and knowledge, ideally Microsoft Dynamics Nav, with strong spreadsheet skills
- Able to analyse and interpret data, and able to communicate insights across the management team to add commercial advantage to the business
- Good technical accounting and internal control skills
- Experience of managing and motivating a small team
Our client is a successful and well respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth. the business is part of a dynamic, well established PLC and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth internationally. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy good levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the business and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of The Group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.