Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Our client helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. They do this through their unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using their mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for their customers.
The Role - Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Reporting to the COO, the Technical Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for supporting sales and marketing activities to meet the needs of current and future market sectors and customers and support the aims and objectives of the Company.
The Technical Pre-Sales Consultant is a key central role within the Company, with internal customers to include: Marketing, Business Units (“Sales”), Delivery Team and Senior Management Team.
- To support Sales with preparation for, and attendance at, prospect and customer meetings to provide expert information and demonstrations of the company’s value propositions, technology (portal) and Data Products
- To act as a product expert internally and externally and present at meetings, events and conferences as required
- To support Sales in the development of new business proposals, including pricing and content generation, as required
- To understand and capture requirements from customers and prospects to support Sales with proposal development and the Delivery team with new product development
- To be the company's central point of contact and responsible for the development of product demonstrations including requirements gathering, specification creation, liaison with the Delivery Director on demonstration development and maintenance of demonstration environments
- To be the company's central point of contact for competitor information and responsible for its analysis, maintenance and dissemination throughout the company
- To support the development of strategic value propositions, proposals and sales and marketing material as directed by Sales and Marketing, where required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to write and manage product material including demonstrations, data sheets and presentations
- Team player with good interpersonal/consultancy skills and an ability to work across various teams
- Ability to consult directly with the business
- Enthusiastic and problem-solving approach
- Tendency to identify and promote new ideas to drive the business forward
- Background in Big Data analytics and/or satellite data sector
- Background in consulting or technology pre-sales role
- Background in any of the following sectors: utilities, infrastructure services, agriculture, commodities and forestry
Please apply through the advert, if you application is successful we will be in contact with you.
This job has now been successfully concluded.