Head of Commercial Development for Employer and Vocational Training
Salary: Excellent package
Our client is a well known and respected major educational establishment in the West Midlands.
Overall Key Objectives
To increase turnover and contribution from work with employers. To raise the College’s profile. To ensure effective quality of delivery in the College’s work with employers. To develop the College’s adult skills, offer and seek out funding opportunities.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- To review, recommend and develop the College’s employer engagement unit, which is responsible for commercial business training and apprenticeship delivery
- To develop the unit and develop a ‘brand’ that will become recognisable to employers
- Successful experience of developing relationship with employers and converting dialogue into business
- To have a sound understanding of apprenticeship frameworks and standards and a good grasp of current changes to the apprenticeship funding system
- To be responsible for the overall delivery of apprenticeships and the quality of their delivery
- To expand the College’s commercial activity with employers and develop a new range of courses to meet employer needs
- To be able to quickly grasp employer requirements across a variety of sectors through conducting appropriate analyses of employer organisation developments and training and development needs
- To organise and develop promotional events and activities in conjunction with the Senior Assistant Principal for Marketing to raise the profile of the College’s work with employers
- To work with curriculum colleagues to develop seamless transition opportunities for students to progress into work or apprenticeships in conjunction with the Senior Assistant Principal for Marketing to develop a range of promotional materials and support information for employers e.g. business newsletters
- To develop a range of key performance indicators to measure success, including increase in activity levels, qualitative measures such as success/achievement rates
- To represent the College at key stakeholder events relating to skills and employer training requirements
- To have oversight for the responsibility for developing the College’s work with adults, particularly with an emphasis on progression, either to obtain further qualifications and skills or into employment
- To develop relationships with stakeholders such as Job Centre Plus, local authorities and other agencies to support the delivery of programmes to adults
- To review, enhance and develop further our programme of traineeships and pre-apprenticeships and develop seamless pathways into apprenticeships for individuals on those programmes
- To act as a focal point and point of contact for employer engagement and an ambassador for the College
- To seek out mutually beneficial collaborations with other colleges and providers
- To represent the Principal as required at events
- Must have a passion to develop apprenticeships and to help young people and adults gain employment and understand how to support them
- Must be capable of building relationships with stakeholders and partners to develop collaboration
- Must be able to spot an opportunity quickly and advise the Principal of how to develop such opportunities
- Must have a flair to develop the business brand
- Must have extensive and effective leadership skills, particularly developing staff, implementing new processes and procedures and ensuring effective monitoring of targets
- Must have a good understanding of employability skills requirement
- Must be a skilled negotiator and a ‘deal maker’
- Must have an eye for quality and understand the need for high quality provision i.e. not just simply a sales person
- Must have good presentation skills and good report writing skills
- Must be able to analyse and use data and be numerate and able to produce business plans and projections
- Must have a clear demonstrable track record of successfully managing apprenticeship provision and good current understanding of delivery requirements
- Must be able to organise profile raising events, celebrations, awards presentations for employers and must understand the commercial value of such activities and how to present on such occasions
- Must have a good understanding of Birmingham and the West Midlands, particularly its industries
- Must have substance beyond simply being a sales person and have a desire to be part of the College’s Senior Executive team responsible for the overall strategic and operational direction of the College
Our client is a dynamic and well respected organisation enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth.
This is a particularly exciting time for The College as it continues to build on its success and its growth. There are significant opportunities for the College to further develop its reputation, services and continue to lead in its sector.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be part of the senior management team, be responsible for marketing, sales and engagement, making a significant contribution to the performance of the College.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected organisation.
This job has now been successfully concluded.