Business Development Manager (Food/Pharmaceuticals)
Salary: Competitive salary plus package + benefits
Our client is a successful and well-respected contract manufacturer of food supplements which are supplied to customers in the UK and around the world. The business is profitable with a strong balance sheet and employs over 200 people. The majority of products are manufactured to customer order and through its success, the business has positioned itself as an innovative and technology leading business, the largest in the UK in its field.
There is a requirement for the business to appoint a Business Development or Key Account Manager, an individual with a proven track record in Account Management and Business Development with demonstrable business acumen.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of key and significant customers within the export regions but predominantly focused on the Nordics - Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading pricing strategy
- Managing sales and orders, through close liaison with internal customer service team
- Achieving strong budgetary targets
- Fielding and maximising product enquiries
- Generating sales growth through existing product and identifying/maximising opportunities for new product development
New Product Development and Innovation is a particularly important aspect of the role. Our client works closely with customers to develop and launch new, bespoke products and are proactive in this area. The successful individual will be expected to drive this aspect of the business.
Identifying and winning new customers will be another key aspect to the role. It is expected the successful appointee will have a successful track record within business development, be informed of competitor activity and act upon potential new routes to market within their region.
- Extensive experience in an Account Management / Business Development role
- Educated to degree level, with a science or technical bias
- Experience within the nutritional supplement, food or pharmaceutical industries, or in a contract manufacturing environment
- Will have managed/developed £1 mil+, multi-product accounts
- Experience of consultative selling within a solution based environment
- Advising clients on feasible product solutions and liaising with internal colleague
- Proven track record in identifying and developing new clients, ability to close deals
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships in the long term
- Used to dealing effectively with strategically important accounts
- Experience of effectively managing sales projects from an early stage conception through to realisation of sales
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships, with internal departments, including Operations, Development, Quality and Supply Chain to ensure effective project and opportunity management
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be expected to take full responsibility, with the support of colleagues, for promoting business growth and development and ensuring the aspirations of the business are achieved.
This job has now been successfully concluded.