Head of Sales and Marketing
Salary: Competitive DOE
Our client is a large consumer services business with 260+ sites across the UK, as well as having international operations.
As a business, they are profitable and extremely commercial with plans to grow the business substantially over the next 5-10 years in the UK and internationally. The key areas of growth include:
Organic growth – Increasing sales within each site
Acquisitions of successful competitors in the UK and overseas
As part of their growth plans, our client have identified the need to recruit a new Head of Sales and Marketing who will be key to defining the strategy and driving growth in the UK.
Head of Sales and Marketing – The Role
The mission for the Head of Sales and Marketing is to generate revenue by increasing sales and retaining customers to increase turnover and profit in the UK. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the sales and marketing operations in the UK, developing and implementing a strategy in line with the company’s overall group objectives.
The role will report directly into the Global Chief Marketing Officer on a day-to-day basis as well as maintain communication with the senior management team. Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Play a key part in strategically developing the UK sales and marketing plan and then leading a team to successfully deliver it
- Implement and drive relevant marketing initiatives to attract, convert and retain customers
- Deliver all sales and marketing KPI’s in accordance with company’s operating plan
- Effectively manage the marketing budget and spend allocation in line with business drivers to ensure maximum return on investment
- Build a highly efficient and motivated team of sales and marketing professionals
- Conduct a pricing review and implement an informed relevant fee structure for each site to support continuous growth.
This opportunity requires someone who is up to date and has expertise in the latest trends and best practices in Digital and Social Media Marketing. Particularly, using a mixture of the below to create maximum lead generation and conversions:
- Content and strategy creation for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Ability to consistently create new content yourself or from other parties
- SEO Optimisation (Google, Bing and Yahoo), SEM, PPC and Adwords. Requires a solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Splash page and landing page, development and optimisation for highest conversion rates
- Effective use of the company's CRM, utilising all functionality for accurate reporting, tracking and customer journeys.
We are looking for a candidate that will quickly establish her/himself as an executive to develop and continuously optimise the impact of marketing in generating leads and revenue for the business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive marketing and sales experience in a relevant B2C business focusing within the UK.
- It is preferred that candidates have a proven track record in a senior sales and marketing position within a multi-site services or retail business.
- Candidates will certainly be on an upward curve in their career.
- Accomplished in driving lead generation and sales campaigns that are aligned with sales and growth plans with a track record of exceeding goals.
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, high-energy B2C digital marketing expert who brings outstanding leadership and team-development skills, and has an entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable with risk, highly customer-driven, able to define a long-term strategy and drive execution.
- Experience of effectively managing marketing budgets to maximise ROI.
- Experience of managing relationships, with SEO, digital media and SEM agencies.
- In-depth experience of website analytics tools, proactively using this information to improve conversions and ROI’s.
- Highly analytical and able to improve strategy through A/B testing and optimisation.
- Experience creating, developing and executing growth hacking techniques.
- Proficient in developing, managing and analysing email marketing campaigns, lead nurturing and marketing automation.
The company is a market leading, successful and well respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth.
This is a genuinely exciting leadership opportunity in a fast growing and market leading business. This individual will have the full support of the senior management team and will enjoy a stimulating working environment, with high levels of autonomy.
As a member of the management team, the successful appointee will be expected to make a significant contribution for the commercial and operational success of the business.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. There are significant opportunities for Busy Bees to further develop the business and continue to lead in its marketplace.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating working environment with future progression opportunities based on performance.
This job has now been successfully concluded.