Head of Fulfilment and Postal Operations
Salary: Excellent package
Our client is a £50m+ turnover, market leading and twice Fast Track 100 business specialising in B2B marketing, data, fulfillment and mailing service solutions.
Our client has expanded quickly over its ten years of successful operations. This part of the Group is the latest commercial venture and as a result of considerable investment and client interest has already enjoyed considerable success. This new exciting opportunity will lead the business and build on its success maximising the strong opportunity it has for growth.
This key operational role, will report to the Group Commercial Director. It will have responsibility for managing all operational activities at its National mail sorting and fulfilment operation in the East Midlands. The site provides the following services to a wide range of customers:
- Automated letter sorting. Letter and packet manual sorting. 2D Fulfilment (brochures/prospectuses; 3D Fulfilment (mail order items)
- Warehouse storage
- Stock Management (dedicated stock management system)
The role will ensure the operation is run in the most cost efficient manor while at the same time providing class leading levels of customer service. The focus over the initial 18 months will be to grow the operational capability of the site and assist in delivering the strategic plan for the site.
- Lead and manage an operational team via 3 operational managers. Directly manage a small administration team. Be responsible for the overall Health and Safety of the site including risk assessments, accident investigation, training and monitoring. To coach develop and lead the operational teams ensuring all staff receive the right level of training for the job.
- Job planning and resource planning to ensure orders are produced on time in the most cost effective manner.
- Ensure all business operational targets are met via agreed performance management methodology. Ensure compliance to all customer SLA’s/contracts. Liaise with accounts managers to bring on new work providing detailed costing and timings when required for tenders/quotes. Track key performance indicators against agreed targets and implement improvement plans when required. Monitoring/documenting of operational processes to look for ways of making efficiency improvements. Manage key suppliers to ensure they are meeting agreed contractual standards and that our client is getting value for money in the market place. Ensure production/quality processes, equipment being used and the working environments are all conducive to delivering a high quality service. Source and manage all packing materials used across the range of services provided. Ensure all customer data is accurate, secure and relevant to be stored on systems and complies with the latest data protection techniques. To ensure all current policies and procedures are understood and deployed into the operation in a consistent manor.
- At least significant experience in a fulfilment/mailsort warehousing environment. Experience in using a warehouse stock/order management system. Line management of an operational team. Deployment of process management techniques.
- P&L responsibility
- Product costing experience
- Knowledge of postal/sorting processes. Experience in managing a small vehicle fleet.
- Excellent leadership qualities. Customer-service focused. Excellent written and verbal communications. Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write reports/analyse data.
- Numerate. Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload. Highly self-motivated. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel. Knowledge of process management improvement techniques.
Our client is a successful, well respected and award winning business. The business is well established and financially robust and as such benefits from the significant resources and experiences offered by a successful organisation.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities and diversification.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and the appointee will be expected to play a major part in the strategic development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.