Head of Clinical Services/Deputy General Manager
Salary: To £60,000
Our client is a leading provider of specialist neurological care and neuro-rehabilitation for people with progressive or acquired neurological conditions. They specialise in the multidisciplinary care of adults and work with residents, families, charities and the NHS to provide the highest quality care for their residents.
Residents’ care is at the heart of everything they do, striving to nurture dignity, independence and privacy through purpose-built facilities, highly trained multi-disciplinary teams, the care models they offer and the therapies and activities provided.
Our client’s vision has always been clear and this pervades everything the company does and at all levels. Residents’ Care Pathways accommodate every aspect of their condition and can range from return to community living, long term residence and, where required, end of life care. The organisation has grown with a strong financial position. Over time, the board and senior management team have changed to reflect the growing scale without diluting the vision or core values.
Their largest care centre provides an integrated and diverse range of nursing led care for patients with complex needs and as such requires an individual to join and take clinical responsibility for the site. The role will also provide support to the General Manager and play a key role in developing the site operationally as well as clinically.
The Head of Clinical Services/Deputy General Manager will have full responsibility for clinical excellence and delivery of first class care to patients within the centre. They will be responsible for clinical safety and ensure they remain at the forefront of neurological care in the future.
• To provide clinical leadership for nurses according to the codes of the NMC, and clinical leadership for allied health professionals and health carers in order to promote clinical excellence
• Liaise closely with the General Manager on all aspects of potential clinical risks and provide clinical leadership on the management and control of clinical risks
• In liaison with the General Manager, ensure the promotion and achievement of clinically effective and person centred care models and pathways that best support residents’ physical, physiological and social needs
• Support Unit Managers with preparations for resident’s Care and Multi-Disciplinary Team Reviews and reports
• Assist the General Manager with the development and implementation of the Company’s Clinical Strategy and actively participate in the setting, monitoring and achievement of corporate objectives to support PJ Care’s continued development and success
• In partnership with the General Manager, Quality and Compliance, oversee the continuous improvement of the whole resident experience including care, safety and effectiveness
• Ensure adequate and appropriate evidence is provided to the General Manager on a regular basis
It is essential any candidate has a relevant professional nursing qualification qualified and be a Registered General Nurse with a current registration.
• Previous experience in a lead or senior nursing position within an environment providing complex care
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
• Demonstrable track record of achievement in quality and patient safety arena and patient experience
• Dynamic, passionate, open, participative and supportive leadership style
• Able to make decisions and take charge of events
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Intellectually robust and self motivated to deliver complex clinical care
The organisation is very well established and highly regarded with a long history providing quality neurological care. The organisation has benefitted from the great work provided by senior management and staff and is ready to progress to the next phase of development.
The Head of Clinical services will hold a duty of care for upholding high standards of clinical provision for patients and act as a lead for clinical enquiries from staff within the centre.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating, rewarding and high profile role as the company continues to grow and develop where career opportunities will be extensive.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Jon Hollier email@example.com
This job has now been successfully concluded.