Salary: Up to £45,000 + car
Our client is a food ingredients division of a large industrial group. This division are UK agents for some of the World’s leading manufacturers and supply an established and growing range of, often natural, food ingredients including stocks, broths, proteins and extracts to UK food and fermentation manufacturers.
They are looking to recruit a Business Development / Account Manager (actual title will be Sales Manager).
This role will be UK home based with periodic visits required to the central London Head office managing existing accounts as well as to grow company turnover and ultimately profitability. The candidate will be dynamic, determined and flexible with a proven ability to drive a business forward through a combination of relevant ingredient or allied sector experience, good communication and disciplined administration skills, sales creativity as well as excellent planning / organisational ability.
Whilst a technically qualified candidate would be preferred i.e. the ability to offer formulation advice and carry out product trials within a customer environment, a suitable candidate could be potentially further trained in this area.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of sales/account management within the food ingredients sector (or closely related)
- Able to identify and convert new opportunities for business / ‘open doors’
- Track record of effective diary management
- Track record of revenue generation and ‘hitting targets’
Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial ability
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level; can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated
- Ability to manage accounts effectively, providing constructive interpersonal relationships
- High degree of integrity An enthusiastic outlook
- ‘Self starter’ – ability to work autonomously and ‘make things happen’.
This job has now been successfully concluded.