Business Development Director
Salary: Up to £70k base/£100k OTE/Exec car
Experts in FM and Security Services, our client is a solution based business with models of reducing cost for clients and also adding visibility and improved service performance across all services. They have a blue chip customer base including FTSE100 PLC companies, an enviable track record of customer satisfaction and client retention. They also benefit from being part of a much larger Plc.
This key position is responsible for creating new client relationships to deliver sales and margin growth in line with pre-agreed targets. The role is essential in ensuring their continual growth in the retail, hospitality and logistics market. You will also have overall responsibility for developing revenues in their heritage security channel.
In summary, for an experienced new business self-starter with a track record in gaining revenues in a solution sell environment this is an exciting career step. Capable of driving new account acquisitions within FM/ Security sectors, taking the lead role on the market positioning.
- Ownership of all new business development opportunities
- Management of sales team
- Deliver results to a pre-agreed budget
- Own customer engagement, sector plans, pipeline development and forecasting for your clients, ensuring a good understanding of strategy and approach
- Own the sales and profit targets for your accounts
- Pro-actively search for new sales channels and opportunities
- Provide strong pro-active account management in order to deliver profitable growth
- Self-motivated self-starter with a results driven focus
- Able to lead and develop and sales team to exceed targets
- A strong communicator able to influence others to own view point
- Effective negotiator able to seek out and obtain win-win solutions for both the client and company
- People focused – able to demonstrate empathy and respect towards others
- Able to build strong relationships with clients’ based on trust and openness
- Highly customer-focused individual
- Strong and confident presentational skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and use of market and client data
- Accurate forecasting skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proven leadership of a solution sales team within security, or facilities management markets
- Proven track record of personally developing strong client relationships from a cold start
- Able to demonstrate success in winning new clients by creating proactive solution proposals
- Graduate calibre
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- UK wide remit
Our client is a successful, well respected and market leading business. They are well established and financially robust. It benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being part of a successful Group of companies. This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities and diversification.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and the appointee will be expected to play a major part in the strategic development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in the role and stating how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Susannah via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has now been successfully concluded.