Head of Risk and Compliance
Salary: Up to £65k per annum with flexibility on working arrangements
Novo Executive Search has been exclusively retained by our client, Ipswich Building Society, for the role of Head of Risk and Compliance.
The Ipswich has a proud history of offering mortgages and savings accounts to its members in East Anglia for 160 years. The business has enjoyed consistent growth despite the economic downturn and has ambitious plans to continue to build upon this enviable financial success.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, as Head of Risk and Compliance you will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing and managing all aspects of the Society’s second line of defence with a specific focus on prudential risk
- Participating and reporting to numerous Boards
- Management and continuous improvement of the compliance and risk functions
- Management of the treasury back office
- Complaint handling, Board and regulatory reporting and risk identification
- Fraud prevention / detection and investigation of processes within the Society to ensure they meet all legislative, staff and customer needs
- Understanding and communication of upcoming regulatory changes to the relevant stakeholders
- To ensure that all statutory and regulatory reporting from the conduct and compliance team is accurate and delivered within time-scales
This is an excellent opportunity that will for an experienced professional to take ownership of the risk function of a strong, highly reputable building society.
Applicants with a relevant professional qualification will also have a significant risk management experience within a financial services environment. Exposure to mortgage business is of a benefit but not essential.
For further information and to offer your interest please contact us by email.
Job Ref No: MS-0614-01
This job has now been successfully concluded.