is the leading independent Chartered Accountancy and Tax Advisory firm based in Cornwall with origins dating back to the early 1920s and was formerly part of the PwC group.
Based in Truro, Cornwall, our client seeks a well experienced, technically excellent Tax Partner to take over the leadership of the Tax team and continue its growth and success.
Whilst leading the Tax team, the new Tax Partner’s primary role will be split between:
- Handling the firm’s more complex tax work (all direct taxes) for SMEs, charities and sole traders / personal clients
- Working directly with HMRC on behalf of clients and
- Representing the firm at networking events to build a portfolio of new clients.
In addition to be able to evidence success in performing these duties, the successful candidate will be:
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA)
- Well experienced Partner or Senior Manager currently working at a firm with a strong, recognised taxation department
- Professional background of 20 or so years in accountancy.
With head office located on Truro’s estuary, with views overlooking the activity on the sea that laps against the office wall, the town offers a great base for any leisure activity of choice. Within a few minutes one can be walking across the moors of Bodmin, sailing off the Cornish coast or fine dining at any of the numerous independent restaurants offering locally sourced cuisine.
Our client will offer a competitive remuneration package plus equity - either immediately or in the near future.
This is an excellent professional opportunity to join a successful team in a buoyant market - a role for an excellent taxation expert who wishes to play a key role in the strategic direction of one of the region’s leading professional services firms.
This job has now been successfully concluded.