Head of Information Technology
Salary: Excellent package
Our client is a £50m turnover, market leading and twice Fast Track 100 business specialising in B2B marketing, data, fulfillment and mailing service solutions.
Our client has expanded quickly over its ten years of successful operations. The business recognises the need for a clear IT strategy. It needs to be planning for the future to ensure IT leads the business and is fit for purpose whilst continuing to overcome the ongoing technical challenges.
To achieve this objective, the Board has agreed to appoint a permanent Head of IT with the potential to become IT Director.
The Head of IT role is an excellent opportunity to attract the highest calibre IT professionals. There is a significant, challenging and rewarding job to be done. The new Head of IT will ensure IT capabilities and expertise are raised significantly to enable, automate, improve customer experience (both internally and externally) and generally ensure IT plays a key part driving the business forward, ensuring our client's continued success.
A new Head of IT will create an exceptional, innovative IT capability within our client resulting in huge commercial benefits for the business.
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience working in IT Management within a growing, profitable, B2B solutions environment
- Broad IT management experience incorporating software development, networks, systems support, IT security, telecommunications and outsourced service provision
- Proven strategic IT planning and implementation experience Extensive experience of IT services delivery with both internal and external clients
- Demonstrable experience of strong line management
- Able to demonstrate an ability to respond to changing commercial and IT environments and ability to adapt both themselves and team to accommodate changes.
- Strong commercial ability is essential
- Delivery of multiple IT project and programmes within a fast moving customer orientated environment
- Budgetary management experience
- Experience of managing team members including identification of on-going performance management (including appraisal) and professional development
- Strong operational management skills, detail orientated and able to manage the day to day
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans
Our client is a successful, well respected and award winning business. The business is well established and financially robust and as such benefits from the significant resources and experiences offered by a successful organisation.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities and diversification.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and the appointee will be expected to play a major part in the strategic development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression to IT Director.
This job has now been successfully concluded.