Interim Director OTC Healthcare (Pharmaceuticals)
Salary: Executive package
Our client is a global, integrated speciality pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, and distributing generic and branded products. The highly regarded organisation is one of the world's fastest growing pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our client’s UK business is rapidly expanding and is one of the organisation’s most successful and profitable operations. It manufactures and markets generic, branded generic, legacy brands, and Over-the-Counter (OTC) products.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success, diversifies its product range and extends into more complex product development. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This key appointment will have accountability for all strategic and tactical OTC Sales and Marketing operations in the UK. The Interim OTC Director will be responsible for the contribution of the OTC portfolio budget.
This exciting role offers pharmaceutical professional interim the opportunity to lead a dynamic team. The Interim OTC Director will achieve agreed contribution targets for market leading UK brands through implementation of new product development, marketing and category management strategies and programmes, five year plan and annual brand plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and motivate an experienced team across marketing and sales functions, setting and achieving targets with them and maximising their potential within their roles.
- Active participant in the international OTC team, working closely with International colleagues to share best practice
- Develop, gain agreement for and ensure delivery of strategies to grow the OTC business.
- Meet agreed sales and contribution targets for the portfolio.
- Be responsible for cost-effective deployment of the advertising and promotional budget.
- Oversee the generation of dynamic communication campaigns to build brand equity and support sales.
- Have direct responsibility for all external agency relationships, from advertising agencies, PR agencies, design agencies, market research agencies, and external sales agencies.
- Be responsible for annual OTC category management and trade marketing plan
- Be responsible for monthly sales volume and revenue forecasts
- Drive and continuously track achievement of sales, market share and brand health objectives, building performance insights based on marketing and sales activity evaluation and putting measures in place to ensure objectives are achieved, as required over time.
- Lead and inspire extended teams internally (Finance, Planning, Customer Services, Regulatory, Inventory)
- Champion the OTC group throughout the whole organisation. Champion OTC group throughout the Industry – PAGB, NPA, CCA and all key stakeholder groups
Skills and Experience
- Must have similar experience in consumer marketing, preferably including licensed healthcare.
- History of responsibility for initiating and evaluating consumer communication campaigns, preferably including TV, public relations, market research, NPD delivery, consumer claims, pack design, media buying.
- Experience of having direct responsibility for sales operations desirable.
- Proven record of success
- Strategic outlook
- High levels of determination and resilience
- Ability to operate in a complex fast moving environment
- Strong industry communication network
- Energetic and determined team player, results orientated with a strong work ethic.
- Credibility and authority to provide strong leadership in a dynamic culture.
- Commercially aware with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible interpersonal skills to build strong internal networks at all levels, win trust and break down barriers quickly.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to contribute to a wide range of business initiatives.
- Able to simplify complexity.
- Organisational awareness.
- Skilled relationship builder, pragmatic, strong and able to achieve through others.
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach.
- Someone who is able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices.
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated.
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans.
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail.
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style. "Hands on" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills.
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business.
- High degree of integrity.
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour.
Our client is well recognised as a market leading, successful and fast growing international business. The company benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well established organisation.
This is an exciting and challenging Interim OTC Director appointment. The role will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as well as client, staff, commercial, operational and financial management responsibilities. The successful appointee will take a lead role, working with other Directors, Managers and staff, for ensuring that our client leads in the OTC marketplace.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and highly respected business.
To apply, please send a CV to Sheldon Morgan-Dickson of Novo Executive Search & Selection.
Job Ref No: IOTCD/SMD
This job has now been successfully concluded.