Head of Procurement
Salary: Circa £75,000 + benefits
Our client is a global, integrated speciality pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, and distributing generic and branded products. The highly regarded organisation is one of the world's fastest growing pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our client’s UK business is rapidly expanding and is one of the organisation’s most successful and profitable operations. It manufactures and markets generic, branded generic, legacy brands, and Over-the-Counter (OTC) products.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success, diversifies its product range and extends into more complex product development. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This new and exciting executive appointment will have accountability for leadership and management of the procurement function in the UK & Ireland.
- Lead and implement a procurement strategy for the purchasing of Materials(direct and indirect), Services and Capex for UK/Eire cluster with Global purchasing to support the business goals and priorities for cost, quality and delivery.
- Engage with business partners to develop the Purchasing systems in line with Corporate and Global Purchasing policies and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Recommend Procurement strategies, manage supplier relationships/base and global procurement relations and priorities to drive a competitive advantage for the business through supplier selection, an alternative sourcing programme (SIQ) and pricing strategies
- Lead and manage the team to ensure the timely purchase of
- Inventory items(API, Excipients, Packaging, Bulk) to support the Manufacture and Packaging activities
- Sourcing of new APIs and excipients for development purposes
- Consumables and indirect materials for the Business
- CAPEX projects
- Services and Utilities
- Monitor market trends and implement operational excellence to demonstrate year on year improvements in sourcing performance (cost, Quality, Service)
- Develop the team – roles and responsibilities, personal development, setting appropriate KPIs for the team members
- Prepare and mange departmental and procurement budgets applying control and financial management
- Develop and ensure compliance with contractual obligations ,Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for GxP, EHS, Financial and legal compliance relating to all purchases
- Monitoring supplier and service performance and provide local and corporate metrics as required
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, fine chemicals or food sector
- Change management /Project Management skills
- Effective communication, conflict and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrated Negotiation and Contracting skills
- Previous line management experience
Educational and Professional Background
Educated to degree level
A business or procurement qualification
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone who is able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style. "Hands on" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business
- High degree of integrity
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
Our client is well recognised as a market leading, successful and well respected. The company benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well established business.
This is an exciting and challenging new Head of Procurement appointment. The role will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as well as client, staff, commercial, operational and financial management responsibilities. The successful appointee will take a lead role, working with other Directors, Managers and staff, for ensuring that our client leads in its marketplace in Procurement excellence.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and highly respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.