Supply Chain Director
Salary: Executive package
Executive Director Supply Chain level appointment for an international market leading pharmaceutical company. One of the fastest growing businesses in its sector worldwide.
Our client is a global, integrated speciality pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, and distributing generic and branded products. The highly regarded organisation is one of the world\'s fastest growing pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our client’s UK business is rapidly expanding and is one of the organisation’s most successful and profitable operations. It manufactures and markets generic, branded generic, legacy brands, and Over-the-Counter (OTC) products.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success, diversifies its product range and extends into more complex product development. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This new and exciting executive appointment will have accountability for leadership and management of the supply chain function in the UK & Ireland.
- Leadership and management of the areas of responsibility including Planning, Demand Planning, Customer Services, Logistics and Procurement
- Leadership of the Sales & Operations Planning Process
- Shape, manage and motivate a management team of the highest calibre and collective ambition
- Define a clear strategic and operating supply chain plan for UK & Ireland that supports the business models and positions supply chain as a competitive differentiator for Key Accounts
- Implementation of Global policies and systems at the individual locations, working closely with Global colleagues to share best practice
- Manage inventory optimization
- Lead the evaluation of current processes and set the improvement agenda
- Drive the customer service agenda both internationally and locally
- Drive competitive costs for service provision
- Deliver on compliance responsibilities (Quality, Legal, Financial, and Legislative) across the area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience within a Supply Chain leadership role
- Strategic outlook
- Experience of partnership initiatives at Board level with Key Customers/Suppliers
- Good Knowledge of SOP and Procurement
- Strong project management and project delivery capabilities
- Energetic and determined team player, results orientated with a strong work ethic
- Credibility and authority to provide strong leadership in a dynamic culture
- Commercially aware with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to define and implement process improvement strategies and integration of technological solutions
- Flexible interpersonal skills to build strong internal networks at all levels win trust and break down barriers quickly
Educational and Professional Background
Educated to degree level
A business or supply chain qualification
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone who is able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style. \"Hands on\" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business
- High degree of integrity
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
Our client is well recognised as a market leading, successful and well respected. The company benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well established business.
This is an exciting and challenging new Executive Supply Chain Director appointment. The role will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as well as client, staff, commercial, operational and financial management responsibilities. The successful appointee will take a lead role, working with other Directors, Managers and staff, for ensuring that our client leads in its marketplace in Supply Chain excellence.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and highly respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.