Commercial Manager/Head of Commercial
Salary: Circa £70k + benefits
Experienced Commercial Manager required for this nuclear sector engineering services business - flexible on location, within the UK
This business offer multi-disciplined engineering services across three main operations: power generation and nuclear new build, defence (including marine) and decommissioning plus waste management. The business is one of the leading organisations in its field. Employing over 450 people, the company provides engineering services that include concept design, mechanical & electrical construction and installation, as well as project and site management.
The Requirement - Commercial Manager/Head of Commercial:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide commercial support to projects including cost and project control, maximising revenue and value from each contract whilst minimising cash exposure, managing commercial and contractual risk for each project, providing overall cost, forecasting and budgeting reports to the senior management team and managing the estimating team.
In addition, this role is responsible for the preparation, safe and effective delivery of work to customers including provision of trained and competent resources, providing ongoing development, benchmarking and improvement of contract performance, developing and maintaining long term relationships with customers and maintaining visible felt leadership at all levels.
- Good management, interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and customer service skills
- HNC/HND qualification in a relevant business related discipline
- Significant Line Management and contract experience in a commercial environment within the petrochemical, refining, process, construction oil & gas, fabrication, manufacturing or nuclear industries
- An in depth knowledge of standard contractual terms and conditions
- Ability to analyse and understand estimates and tenders
- Exposure to successful contract and conflict negotiation and resolution
- A working understanding of contract law
- Good IT skills with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Degree qualification in a relevant business related discipline
- Ideally, experienced in NEC3 contracting
Job Ref No: GW Nuclear CM
This job has now been successfully concluded.