Regional Director / Technical Director
Salary: Circa £50K base salary, plus car allowance, pension, healthcare and other benefits.
Our client is a leading environmental consultancy specialising in advising clients on a range of renewable energy and environmental projects.
The role will be an integral part of the senior management team and be responsible for a wide variety of aspects within the business.
Objectives of Role - Business Development:
* Business Development work within this role is expected to be approximately 50% of the position
* Develop the profile and presence of the consultancy in the Highlands region
* Expand the range of clients and client sectors being serviced by the consultancy in the region
* Play an active part in attracting new clients and generating new business for the client
* Represent the consultancy at trade association/networking meetings to promote services
* Lead and be involved in the preparation of tenders and bids
* Establish a portfolio of clients in the region
* Where appropriate act as Key Account Manager for one or more especially valued Clients
Objectives of Role - Operational:
* Supports Directors within the business in stewardship of operational business matters and plans in relation to the Inverness office, including: Supporting the growth of a multi-discipline team based in the region, acting as the key management representative in the Inverness office, mentoring junior staff in commercial consultancy skills and practice plus leading the Inverness team in compliance with company accredited systems (Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental)
Objectives of Role - Consultancy:
* Consultancy work within this post is expected to be approximately 50% of the role
* Deliver consultancy projects within own field of specialism where appropriate
* Act as a company-wide source of expert advice in respect of one or more technical and/or business sector specialisms.
* Demonstrable experience of working in the Highland region with extensive networks
* A technical consultancy skill-set and track record e.g. in areas such as environmental impact assessments, ecology, GIS, data management, acoustics or anther technical area
* Proven track record in business development and securing new business opportunities
* Background working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Ability to develop and maintain long term profitable customer relationships and identify and convert new areas of business into successful revenue streams
* Good interpersonal and communication/negotiation skills, acting in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others
Please email your CV to George Woodward at Novo Executive Search.
Job Ref No: GW/Inverness