Web Development Manager
Salary: Salary £41,887 - £52,140 plus excellent benefits package
Web Development Manager (Drupal) required for a world renowned client operating in the areas of digital technology and network infrastructure.Full description:
Our client is a world renowned, successful and well respected organisation operating in the areas of digital technology and network infrastructure. It benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well established business.
This role is a key technical and managerial position to support the development and success of the Digital Information and Architecture Group. As well as management responsibilities, the role is hands-on technical particularly in multi-language object oriented development.
The Web Development Manager is responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the associated sites that fall within the remit of the Digital Information and Architecture Group both for public facing and internal systems and for other work across the Group.
The Web Development Manager manages the web development team ensuring that the team carries out the development, testing, planning, maintenance and continuous improvement of our clients various systems in line with the agreed overall direction in this area.
- Manage all aspects the web development team, including line management and project management
- Develop and oversee the development processes ensuring that the web development team develops systems/code to agreed timescales, quality and in line with their agreed priorities
- Manage the development aspects for the website and associated sites in line with the agreed priorities of the web group. Ensuring development standards are met at all times and security is maintained
- Work on projects, as agreed with the Head of Digital Information and Architecture in the context of our clients Information Management Board, that provide web and portal services across the wider group to assist in the integration of business processes
- Design, schedule and deliver new and enhanced portal applications according to priorities agreed with the Head of Digital Information and Architecture
- Build, test, implement and maintain web-based applications/services, troubleshooting web application and infrastructure problems to reach resolution as required
- Develop and extend CRM functionality, in particular consuming data from various information systems/web services
- Discuss and recommend technical developments to improve the quality of our website/portal and supporting infrastructure
- Ensure that technical documentation is created and maintained to a high standard
- Develop an understanding of existing information systems and consider opportunities for future development for web/portal solutions
- Keep abreast of new technology for future-proofing applications and infrastructure, sharing knowledge with colleagues as appropriate
- Carry out risk analysis of introducing new technology for development and infrastructure, and liaise with CSIRT (in-house team) to ensure suitable security as required on web developments
- Monitor the ongoing performance of web applications and infrastructure
The postholder will have:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing development teams and large scale web development projects.
- Demonstrable hands on experience of developing web systems using Drupal CMS, including building and extending both custom and contributed modules. You should know the core Drupal code well and be considered a Drupal expert.
- A very good understanding of relational database design concepts and usage, preferably working knowledge of information systems design and implementation.
- Demonstrable hands on experience (5+ years) of Object Oriented PHP development.
- Knowledge of coding, usability and accessibility standards (WCAG), knowledge of Drupal coding standards would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to think beyond single tasks and take a framework orientated approach.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, in particular knowledge of Salesforce or SugarCRM would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to work to deadlines and manage own time.
- Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and interpret requirements with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to respond flexibly to the development needs of the organisation.
- Good technical documentation skills and ability to produce clear diagrams to document complex information systems and workflows.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to debug existing code.
- A positive attitude, self motivated and results orientated.
- Ability and willingness to update professional knowledge and commitment to continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
The postholder should ideally have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- Relevant IT qualification or equivalent demonstrable development experience gained in a similar role, preferably educated to a degree level in a computing/programming discipline.
- Line management experience (3+ years), preferably with a recognised qualification such as ILM.
- Previous experience of managing a development team to build and implement web sites and applications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of developing and deploying production websites and web applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of: (X)HTML, CSS, JQuery, XML and XML schemas, JSON, PHP, REST and SOAP
- Knowledge and experience of developing custom modules for content management systems on production websites
- Demonstrable experience of developing Drupal 7 modules and customisations
- Experience of working with APIs and data frameworks.
- Experience of developing scalable web services across multiple platforms and systems
- Experience of working with relational database engines, ideally MySQL
This is a great opportunity to work for a world renowned client. The role would also suit a senior developer ready to take the next step into management.
Job Ref No: SM WDM